ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Exchaust Manifold - Banging on Anti Roll Bar?

Clio Cup Racer
I'm looking at buying a 197 - it's making a strange noise pulling away - a rumbling sound from down under the footwell area.

The company I'm buying the car from say they have now fixed it. The exhaust manifold where it has 2 pipes had sagged and was rubbing against the anti roll bar. They have welded it to straighten it again and it now no longer makes the noise / rubs off the anti roll bar.

I have searched on Cliosport and no one ever seems to have mentioned it as a problem.

Does it sound viable? Has anyone had this problem before?

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
It's to do with the mounts. It's a common problem. Make sure it's not a repercussion of a bodged flexi if you haven't already bought it

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Sounds like they've welded the cracked flexi up and trying a fast one but I could be wrong.

Clio Cup Racer
icon1.png

From this picture it does look perfectly possible. Especially with a knackered engine mount. I wasn't sure how the exhaust was routed.

http://www.zcars.com.au/images/clio-...team-r2712.jpg