ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 exshaust pics

197 cup/ 172
hay iam looking for pics/vids off any 197 with non standard exshausts as iam looking for one for my 197 cup but unshure what will suit it best for looks and sound was thinking off reliable miltek?;)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
doesnt matter about he heat aslong as the weld gets the correct level of penetration and fuses with the walls into the bevel correctly. we die penetrative etch test / destructive test random samples so we know exactly whats going on.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
hay iam looking for pics/vids off any 197 with non standard exshausts as iam looking for one for my 197 cup but unshure what will suit it best for looks and sound was thinking off reliable miltek?;)

anyway back on topic;

look at http://clio197.net/forum/index.php for info on exhausts for the 197s mate. it seems the favourites are either a miltek or jan speed (ktec systems) one or two have gone for the akropovic system but its not cheap

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
doesnt matter about he heat aslong as the weld gets the correct level of penetration and fuses with the walls into the bevel correctly. we die penetrative etch test / destructive test random samples so we know exactly whats going on.

So why do so many millteks on the clio's develop cracks?

Lionel Richie
cos they can't weld! i've done all that test s**t too, inc hounsfield and izod (can't remember which was weld related now!)

its not just the clios, the 08 WRX STI ones crack all the time too

CBR1000RR Fireblade
ive never seen any crack on the VAG stuff, although i am aware of a certain batch that were welded by stevie wonder.

Lionel Richie
i've got an RS4 system at work in bits, i'll get pictures

they use thin ass sheet for their boxes (i recon they're bought in) pipework is fine, its always box issues where they crack

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I thing i will say is they sound lovely, shame my hangers all seemed to be 15mm out on my 182

I'd probably have one on the 197 if it wasnt for the w**k tail pipes

CBR1000RR Fireblade
probably because the resonators get delivered to the fabrication shop and the fab shop does the adjacent pipe work?

if you could post pics fred of the RS4 system so i could see the defects?

CLIO 197 Ultra red
back on topic

the KTR system seems to look more standard

the miltek is more aftermarket looking with rolled tailpipes

both are only really worth doing with a remap as some complain about a flat spot after fitting them especially with a decat

ktr better made. if it were my money i'd buy the ktr system

197 cup/ 172
has any one seen or got a scrpion exshaust on there 197 as i am looking at mybe buying this instead as it looks a nicer finish on the outside!pics please if any one has thanks.