ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Gearbox problem - unexpeced result!!

Afternoon,

Just wanted to let people know of an unexpected result i got form Renault.

Got my R27 a few months back now, love it but quickly noticed 3rd gear crunching under hard acceleration. Got round to taking it into the stealers last week, they replaced the gearbox oil and did a remap under warranty, no probs. Things were improved but still not right, so turned round and went back in, nice as pie and said it still wasn’t quite right. "Ok sir, we will contact Renault to see if anything else can be done".

Having done a search on the forum i knew some 197s have had new gearboxes but you can’t exactly turn round and say please can i have a new one (or maybe you can and I’m just chicken..)

Anyway a week later and hadn’t heard back until lunchtime today when i got a call to say Renault had authorised a new gearbox for it and would be ordered from France and would be fitted when arrives, we will let you know when you can bring the car in.

Great and surprising result!

One question though, will this be the revised version with longer 6th gear?

cheers

172 5HED
Would imagine its the newer box, mine needs to go in too!! Will have to get my arse in gear!

albi 197
hmm i debating whether I need a new one myself, problem is my car is a 56 plate and just out of warranty. The gearbox never crunches, but just seems relunctant to go into 3rd and 4th when giving it hell, that is both up and down the box. Even going down the box, heel and toeing it seems far from smooth.

anyone else had similar issues?

RS RIP
to answer the question ; i would strongly expect that Renault will deliver the new (modified) box