ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Intermittent Starting Problem

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So the car strikes again.

A few days ago the car wouldn't start, just turned over at the normal speed but wouldn't fire. Immobiliser light was out and no warnings or faults on the dash either. After a few attempts it started and was fine for about a week.

Went out to the car again and same thing, car turns over but won't start, the difference this time being that it didn't start after a few attempts. Decided to leave it for a bit and go back to it later.

Only thing I can think is I'm parked on a kerb (passenger side in the air) with less than a quarter of a tank, and it's in exactly the same place I had the issue last time. Now I know tdc is a culprit for this usually so I'll check that at some point but has anyone ever come across anything else before causing it?

Cheers

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So the car strikes again.

A few days ago the car wouldn't start, just turned over at the normal speed but wouldn't fire. Immobiliser light was out and no warnings or faults on the dash either. After a few attempts it started and was fine for about a week.

Went out to the car again and same thing, car turns over but won't start, the difference this time being that it didn't start after a few attempts. Decided to leave it for a bit and go back to it later.

Only thing I can think is I'm parked on a kerb (passenger side in the air) with less than a quarter of a tank, and it's in exactly the same place I had the issue last time. Now I know tdc is a culprit for this usually so I'll check that at some point but has anyone ever come across anything else before causing it?

Cheers

Just clean the tdc first, don't do anything else. If it starts it's likely to need changing.

They generally respond to being taken out and cleaned for the first few weeks.

Another way to check is if you leave it in gear and rock it back and forth a bit, then try and start.