ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Manifold, cracked, manufacture fault?

197 Manifold, cracked, manufacture fault? both flexi joints are fine and its held well........

1.jpg

2.jpg

Clio 197 F1
Flexis appear to be quite common but I've never seen that before, first call would be to check your engine mounts, not convinced that breaking is a manufacturer fault but could be worth ringing RUK if your mounts are okay.

Flexis appear to be quite common but I've never seen that before, first call would be to check your engine mounts, not convinced that breaking is a manufacturer fault but could be worth ringing RUK if your mounts are okay.

Yep mounts are spot on it would appear. I have spoke to RUK, but im not holding my breath.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
the manifold is crap, seen several cracked there. They're downgraded hugely from the 182 design, probably for cost of manufacturing.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Been a couple on here lately, judging by the amount of corrosion the metal is far inferior to the grade used in 172/182 ones.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Try speaking to someone like Ashley Exhausts for example. They might be able to knock you one up.

Clio 197 F1
Renault want stupid money for a new one, im considering......any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190734792388?redirect=mobile

People on 197.net have bought this when their flexi's have broken as it's cheaper than replacing/fixing them, don't take any notice of the BHP gains but as a unit everyone who has one rates it highly.
Passes emissions if you still have the other cat in place but you'll need a friendly MOT tester with decat.

RUK told me due to the cars age, and mileage (its an 07 & ~70k on clock) they wouldnt be able to do anything. So everyone! go buy a KIA.......7 year warrenty or 100,000 miles.......i doubt you'll have any problems with them if the manifold cracks & fails.

I dont care what they say its poor metal quality / design and it shouldnt happen.......