ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 on boring 5th Gear

Clio 172
How did the 197 not roll over, I couldn't go that sideways at an Ice rink. :eek: I was impressed by the williams as well, is the owner a member !?. I have entered the comp so watch this space :D

Apart from this feature I think the new format of 5th Gear is absolutely crap, hate that presenter who knows nowt about cars, and whats with running the show from that cafe, the budget must have been slashed, some of the other features were crap as well, like talking to al gore ???
Anyone else dissapointed ?

Roll on Top Gear

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
never been interested in fifth gear, always looks crap when i've happened to see it on

182 Cup Inferno
i hate fifth gear, its like a posh wannabe version of top gear. and that tiff nerdell always annoyed me!

Nice idea, lets put the new car up against a 10 year old one. Suprised they didn't compare the '69 Cooper S and against its modern version too.

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
although it pains me to say it... tiff can definantly drive... and yes he is annoying, and yes the ace cafe doesn't suit the programme and yes the programme is crap, but he was throwing the 197 around... noticed he didn't do it in the williams because if he had of rolled it then the owner would have murdered him there and then. i thought it was number 1 tbh as it was in such good condition!!!

the 197 handles sooo well... or at least it looks as if it does!! roll on the cup/trophy versions... :D

172 mk2 Iceberg
loved the wheel lift of the willy..........
didnt see it happening on the 197 more of it sliding away

Octavia VRS
Last series of 5th Gear was alright, this series is absolutely mince! Lovejoy just do your stuff on Soccer AM!

Honda Civic Type R '02
yeah, the new guy is useless on the show - knows nothing with cars.
The only feature i remotely enjoy watching is Tiff's ones;
The evo 9 last week and the clio this week, it is interesting.
If only they had raced the williams vs the 197, that would be great.
The other 48mins are total w**k.

172 Cup (2003)
I agree, they could of done so much more with that feature.

The thing that grinds on me most (maybe as much as the presenters), is the competitions. It's the same with the Gadget Show on five.

When TV shows are giving things away (at a cost to the people who enter and purely to make the TV show / channel money) you can't really take their reviews seriously.

Would of been interesting to see the willy up against a 172/182 as well as the 197.... and in a race situation too. Not just, look at this old car..... heres the new one.

david100 said:
although it pains me to say it... tiff can definantly drive... and yes he is annoying, and yes the ace cafe doesn't suit the programme and yes the programme is crap, but he was throwing the 197 around... noticed he didn't do it in the williams because if he had of rolled it then the owner would have murdered him there and then. i thought it was number 1 tbh as it was in such good condition!!!

the 197 handles sooo well... or at least it looks as if it does!! roll on the cup/trophy versions... :D

eh?? so having the williams up on 3 wheels is not throwing it around?!!!!
But he did give the 197 a bit more of a pasting!!

I want one!

I thought it was a pretty poor review. why not pitch the new 197 against some of the new hot hatches? the only reason i bought a 182 was because it was simply the best hot hatch in its class at the time. couldn't really comment on the 197 after tiffs review. tiff can drive alright, but why not give a good detailed review of the car (197) instead of some generalised comments. poor poor poor...could have done a lot better. up top gear!!! 197 is starting to look more appealing though!

black kro said:
no one has mentioned Vicky!

bit of a trollop, but sexy sexy voice ;-)
I think she was after shagging Flintoff. I'd shag her.

The 197 actually looked quite alright in that film, made me like them a li'l better.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
I think she was after shagging Flintoff. I'd shag her.

^^ hahaha - spot on - definition of 'in ya face come on'

as for Flinty - all that talent and money and he's got an Auto tank and a pink jumper ;-O

Yaris Hybrid
Think they would be better off doing a track test against the new CTR but guess they won't bother now as that would be featuring the 197 twice and in TV land I can't see that happening. Unless they test the CTR against the Cup or Trophy model when it comes.

Tiff is good, it is a bit like getting the Stigs opinion of the car which obviously you would respect more than Clarkson, Hammond or May's!

...........cant stand fifth gear cos i cant stand that vicky thing.......... she always makes her car reviews sound prewritten and red off of an auto cue.......... surely if cars are so much your life and passion then you dont need to read auto cue.......... dont see that with ol jezza!!! cant wait for top gear to start again........but not until the hampster is back on his feet.........

Chuckie

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Posh Totty - wouldn't mined her giving me 'a good spanking' as she likes to say!

black kro said:
no one has mentioned Vicky!

bit of a trollop, but sexy sexy voice ;-)