ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 or 197 F1

182, 205 1.9 GTI
Thinking of getting a 197 but dont really know weather to go for the F1 or just a normal cup.

Whats the diffrence between the 2 and what 1 should I go for?

It will see a few trakcs if I buy 1

Cheers!

Lotus Elise
Limited edition because it has lots of options and some stickers. Its a cup but with all the extras.

Weo

so whats the 1 to go for? F1? Cup? or R27?

F1 is the R27 (with cup chasis/suspension, recaro seats and all the extras....)
Then there is the standard 197 (no cup chasis/suspension unless specced)
Then there is the cup (cup chasis and suspension, no extras....)

You have said you will use it on a 'Few' track days so that says to me, either pay that little bit more and get a R27 (which has the same chasis and suspension as the cup, or get a specced out 197 (with cup chasis/suspension and extras) as your only doing a few track days?

Any 197 that has Red Brembo calipers has the cup chasis/suspension pack, silver calipers means normal suspension and chasis. IIRC.

Sorted!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yup i would, and have one. I've previously owned a 'normal' silver wheeled 197, and now have a Cup, love it.

You couldnt spec climate in a cup, but you can manual AC. The Cup also has a hard plastic dash, compared to a soft touch of the standard versions, and a non RS steering wheel, but that's all you lose really.... Depends if they would bother you. Imo the cup drives that bit keener, the handling being more focused.

Weo

Only reason I said a specced 197 or f1 is because you were only going to show it track days a few times, alot of people say you don't need luxuries in England like aircon etc... I rarely use my AC but the climate control I use all the time, also cruise control, speed limiter etc...

I'm glad I got a specced out 197 with cup chassis and suspension, although if the budget would have stretched at the time I would of got a r27... Plus glacier White was only made on one r27 in the UK iirc....

White clique
If you can get an R27 at a decent price, i'd aim for one of those, but TBH i still feel they are a bit overpriced second hand. I'd be going for a standard 197 with cup packs.

Its worth noting that even the ride on a bog standard 197 with no cup packs is still about 20% firmer than the outgoing 182 with cup packs. So even in standard guise it handles superbly.

182, 205 1.9 GTI
thanks for the input guys. I have a corsa B reptop atm so climate control, cruise etc doesn't really matter to me. Think a cup is more in my price range. Best get a test drive sorted!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Same as mine bar the spoiler (I need a cup spoiler looking at them pics)............... I'm crying at the price though :(

Dan is sound too, bought a car and sold one through him. You'll like the test drive ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its not, especially for a GW. Remember R27's are 2007 also so older than most Cups

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thats bang on the money for a 30k Cup with Recaros and Speedlines imo, in fact i reckon its at the bottom end. Off to search AT (and slash my wrists)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
See, I wouldnt ever own a LY its homo ;)

Just had a nose, Cups are 8k with no options and base colours. Ones with options fetch more, so not as bad as I thought ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
its all about the girth my friend

truckstop.jpg

;)