ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Panel Filter

Clio 197
I'm looking at getting a panel filter for my 197. Not sure which to get out of an ITG, K-tec, Pipercross or K&N

Which do you have in your 197 or which would you recommend.

Any help would be appreciated.

Clio r27 #214
You'd be better off browsing on clio 197.net for this type of question, but:

ITG is a good choice, expensive, but good. It's serviceable so you won't have to replace it come service time. K-tec is a rebranded pipercross - both sound a bit meatier. Haven't tried the k&n, I assume it's in the same boat at the ktec/pipercross.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I have a ITG, It came with the car.

i hear ktr filters like to eat themselves and go sit in your engine sooo... I recommend ITG lol.

not sure if my mates 200s exhaust is just loud but my r27 sounds very inductiony compared to his

172, Tiguan
i hear ktr filters like to eat themselves and go sit in your engine sooo... I recommend ITG lol.

As far as i'm aware thats one type of filter in no way associated with the MK3, especially panel filters.

That said, my 197 has an ITG in it. As far as I can tell it makes no difference over standard.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I had pipercross as I had read a review sure it was on here a few years back where pipercross filters were producing the best power gains, however all pretty much the same in reality!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got a itg in my 200 and it dose sound a little bit louder. I might put one of my v6 airboxes in it next week just to see what it's like.