ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 problems help needed!

Clio 197
Got a 197 about 2 months ago now and already have a few issues. It's got a 3 month warranty so I am going to give the garage a ring tomorrow to see if they will sort the problems. Just wondering if anyone knows what the problems could be so I know what i'm saying when I ring the garage.

1. Front passenger side suspension makes a knocking sound when going over bumps etc. Worn shock absorber or top mount?

2. Exhaust sounds like it could be blowing. At lows revs with the window down doesn't sound right. Coming from underneath me I think.

3. This could be related to number 2. The engine when standing in front of the car or lifting the bonnet sounds very 'ticky'.

4. When turning at slow speeds for example when parking there is a squeaky sound coming from the wheels?

​Any help much appreciated :)

Knocking could be drop links? Is there any play in the steering? Does the steering knock going from lock to lock.

The flexi links on the cat' are a known weak point. There is a chance that this could have failed?

This is long shot but getting the centre silencer cut out is also a popular mod... A bodge job by a previous owner could have failed and be blowing?