ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 R27 - Info?

There's still very little information available on the Renaultsport website regarding exact specs for the R27. Could it be that they are going to surprise us with more power or revised gearing or somesuch?

Does anyone have any hard info on this car?

There's still very little information available on the Renaultsport website regarding exact specs for the R27. Could it be that they are going to surprise us with more power or revised gearing or somesuch?

Does anyone have any hard info on this car?

Didn't Tom post up a new press release only last week or so.

AFAIK it will be the same engine/gearbox and gearing. All that is different is the suspension.

Yeah I'd imagine that to be the case. I was just hoping they might actually give me a reason to buy one :(

Why are they being so tight lipped on their own website?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Relax Roy.

You know if you get all excited and order one once the spec's finally out, that 18 months down the line you'll be pi**ed at Renault when the proper one's released.

I gotta say a Red 197 with the r27 darkened wheels and the recaros, xenons is such a sex prospect.

I fear it would be like meeting your hero though and finding out he is a t**t :(

Relax Roy.

You know if you get all excited and order one once the spec's finally out, that 18 months down the line you'll be pi**ed at Renault when the proper one's released.

LOL yeah but that's Renaultsport for you. Perhaps I really should wait for the R28.1 Megane?

I gotta say a Red 197 with the r27 darkened wheels and the recaros, xenons is such a sex prospect.

I fear it would be like meeting your hero though and finding out he is a tw*t :(

Yeah I was kinda hoping for a little more poke and a top gear ratio that wasn't chosen by a chimp :(

^^Yep. If it felt as quick as my 182 I'd have bought one 12 months ago. As, I suspect, would countless other thousands of 182 drivers. Such a shame :(

I mean I could happily own a 197 and wake up and get into it and feel at ease with the world etc.

But you just know there would come a time, when a corsa vxr is along side as you go down a motorway sliproad and pans you lol.

Yeah exactly!

Any turbo diesel lol! I mean its all well crowing about its track prowess but how many of us live on a track or do more than 2-3 trackdays a year?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
change the record.

is this a competition to see how often you guys can moan about one car?

Roy, you geek, go and buy a R26. We have discussed it already! ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
there undoubtably will be but it won't appease anyone unless it weighs the same as a rizla paper and has the bhp of a veyron. They'd still moan.

Relax Roy.

LOL yeah but that's Renaultsport for you. Perhaps I really should wait for the R28.1 Megane?

On a serious note, could we see Renaultsport dropping the F1 link now that it's 99.9% certain they won't be winning the constructors or drivers championship this year?

It made sense when they were the best due to the publicity and exposure, but that's not exactly the case anymore. I just can't imagine 'R28' ever surfacing as part of a Renaultsport road model title.

change the record.

is this a competition to see how often you guys can moan about one car?

Roy, you geek, go and buy a R26. We have discussed it already! ;)

No, it was a question regarding the specs of the R27, since there is still very little info on the website :rasp:

^^You may be right, I was just exploring all options. The R27 being one of them, the next Megane being another, which is why I would like some more information on the Clio R27. Although, it would seem that all discussion of the 197 is now banned unless you're wanking off over it ;)

182 Trophy
I'd be very tempted to put my money down on one if they were a bit cheaper, just can't bring myself to spend £17250 on a clio knowing the the depreciation is going to be so big with the next Clio always round the corner.

Tangoed Works
wonder how much lighter stereo and air con will make the standard car. 40 kg's?

Wooohoooo 1000th post as well!

Surely you know everything about it ?

I'm not sure where you're going with that one. The only reason for this thread was to ask for info on the R27. Are there any specs confirmed yet? When is the website likely to be updated in this regard? Thanks.

Here are the differences to the standard 197:

Cup suspension (Ride height lowered by 7mm, stiffer springs + 27% at the front and 30% at the rear, more flexible bump-stops, red brake callipers)
17” Anthracite coloured alloy wheels
Renaultsport Recaro Seats
Extra tinted rear windows
60W radio and MP3 compatible CD player with four speakers
F1 Team decals
Numbered 1-500