ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 recaros. LOL

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
08 plate. 15k

recaro.jpg

LOL

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
jeez...

Mine are showing early signs at 10k tho :(

see... i do like the look of the recaros, but i don't think they are any better than the standard seats for comfort or how they support you. if anything, the standard seats actually go lower than the recaros.

they do look pretty though.

see... i do like the look of the recaros, but i don't think they are any better than the standard seats for comfort or how they support you. if anything, the standard seats actually go lower than the recaros.

they do look pretty though.

Gonna get them one under warranty. outside warranty will probably get them reupholstered by family member who works in the trade.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
But Renault are s**t so I'm not sure what else you expect??

The design/handling department need a pat on the back. The wear & Tear/Durability department need a bullet.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Renault use the cheapest materials known to man so its no surprise to me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
But Renault are s**t so I'm not sure what else you expect??

The design/handling department need a pat on the back. The wear & Tear/Durability department need a bullet.

But after 15 k?? If I went to see a car with 15k on the clock and wear like that I'd be sceptical of the mileage to say the least.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My old R27 had bobbling on the edge of its recaros after 3000 miles! They are awful!

Barge
Drag your ass out the seat properly and they'll go for ages without problems. My drivers has about 2cm of wear - which looks like a scuff TBH, however that aside they're ill-fitting and getting totally replaced. So IMO Renault don't really look into these things when designing shizzle. Just hope the 200 ones are a bit better!

Evo 8 MR
driver must have been doin his misses in that seat every night to get that sort of wear and tear after 15k!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
LOL This corrado H Reg i have with 150k miles has a better interior also the steering wheel is in one piece

Suzuki Swift Sport
My 197 R27 had those recaros, at 11k miles they were showing no signs of wear, however I was really careful how I got in and out of it as I knew it was a problem. The standard seats I have in my current 197 are fine at 25k :D

PS 200
You pays your £850 and you take your chances.

Glad I didn't bother with the recaros - that's shocking :eek:

RS200
just got a 200 with recaros! im going to be veeeerry careful! becuase you know if u go back to renault they will use the two magic money saving words wear and tear not under warrenty.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's fat t***s who can't get in and out properly. Mine is now over 24k miles and they look as good as the day I collected it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's fat tw*ts who can't get in and out properly. Mine is now over 24k miles and they look as good as the day I collected it.

Exactly what i was going to say. If you're a chunky c**t then you'll ruin any seats. Get out the car properly and it's not an issue!

Lee

BMW M2C
Plus look at the state of the carpet and seat, it's obviously a messy chunker who eats crisps in the car!! It hardly looks cared for.