ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 replacement wheel needed - over £400 from Renault and back order 😲

197 sport
So looks like someones had a go at my wheel and by time realise it’s knackered the threads. Wheels are great condition as only 44k miles and been getting it up to top standard to show etc so want a decent one to replace but Renault on back order from France and over £400.

Be great if anyone knows someone with a spare knocking around that want to sell (oddly I’ve got a never used 172 cup wheel in garage) or recommendation on best route….want it pretty perfect and worried eBay ones could be dodge.

Any thoughts/help appreciated 👍🏼

Attachments

• FCD2A424-6619-45CA-9DCD-80D86F8E93CB.jpeg
    FCD2A424-6619-45CA-9DCD-80D86F8E93CB.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 65

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How do you mean knackard the threads? Would you not need a hub? Rather than a wheel? Or wheel bolts?

My advice would be to buy a second hand set, get two painted up as close as possible to what you have now, (I say two, because you’ll need to do both wheels on one side of the car as it’ll never be 10000% match). Then sell your remaining three wheels individually on here as spares. It’ll probably cost you £200-250 all in once you’ve sold them off.

197 sport
How do you mean knackard the threads? Would you not need a hub? Rather than a wheel? Or wheel bolts?

My advice would be to buy a second hand set, get two painted up as close as possible to what you have now, (I say two, because you’ll need to do both wheels on one side of the car as it’ll never be 10000% match). Then sell your remaining three wheels individually on here as spares. It’ll probably cost you £200-250 all in once you’ve sold them off.
Yes, that’s a good plan thanks…Lucky it’s not a daily driver and so can take time. Apparently the holes/threads had been opened up however the hub wasn’t damaged. 2or 3 of the bolts were missing incl the locking one.
They have torqued back on though so could just monitor to see if come loose but don’t fancy it flying off one day. Thanks again cheers

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Don you have any pics of the damage? If it's the bolt holes in then wheel just take it to a good refurb place and see what they say about repairing it before buying a new set

197 sport
Don you have any pics of the damage? If it's the bolt holes in then wheel just take it to a good refurb place and see what they say about repairing it before buying a new set
No pics afraid but when I get chance I’ll take it off and have a proper look…decided at least as particular as I am I’m not ordering a new one a He keep eye out on eBay etc. Appreciate fethoughts/edback guys

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No pics afraid but when I get chance I’ll take it off and have a proper look…decided at least as particular as I am I’m not ordering a new one a He keep eye out on eBay etc. Appreciate fethoughts/edback guys
Get some pics… that sounds like an overly cautious dealer and very little actual damage?