ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 revised gearbox question

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
what was the date that renault revised the gear ratios in the gearbox in the 197? my mrs is looking at possibly getting one and im interested to know when the cut off point is for the older box.

and also is it worth holding out for a newer box one, do the older ones not accelerate a bit quicker being shorter ratios? its not going to be a motorway car just for work and back and the odd blast by me, so interested to know peoples opinions and experiances with both boxes.

is there any other revisions that were made apart from the box or are early ones just much the same as newer ones? (obviously i know about the cup pack options etc)

Renaultsport Clio 197
martin, the older gearbox only has shorter 5th and 6th gear so acceleration is the same.

longer gearing is just for less motorway headache ;)

i'd like to get a clio 200 gearbox though :boring:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Same as thr 182 then gutted.

Guessing the 200 would be slightly less then.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
sorry to hijack your thread dude but on the subject of the revised gearbox.

Is it
1. a selling point.
2. Is there a significant difference between the earlier ones in terms of mpg and performance ie top end speed.