ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Service Light?

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Hi Guys,

Im wondering about the service light on clio 197's. Iv just bought one but when I was looking around lately I spotted two in a large car supermarket with 9 and 10k miles on them and both had the service due light on the dash? I thought they were 12k between services or do they come on after a certain length of time? or is it if they've had a thrashing? :race:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Do the MK3's not have an actual service light? Not like the SERV in the MK2.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Yeah it has a little spanner, and then just incase your a little dim it says "SERVICE NOW DUE" on the screen between the dials just to stress the point lol

BMW 320d M-Sport
The service could be due on time as opposed to miles. Happened with mine as it was on 7k when I bought it but a year old.

Its just on a timer, the system isn't intelligent like on some of the modern diesels where it can tell the condition of the oil.... It will just pop up after the time or mileage, whichever is sooner.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Its just on a timer, the system isn't intelligent like on some of the modern diesels where it can tell the condition of the oil.... It will just pop up after the time or mileage, whichever is sooner.

oh right cool thanks.

martin do a quick search on the site I saw it somewhere last night while I was looking around, I think its something to do with flicking through the trip untill you get to the miles before service screen then you hold down the top button down and it resets...