ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 steering wheel in a 182FF

182 RB FF
Tried searching and people have said they have done it but want to know how easy it is. Is it just a straight swap. Do you need a boss or anything. Do the cruise control buttons work as normal and are the connections for these buttons and the airbag the same plugs as the 182? Thanks

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It's the same diameter but doesn't look or feel it. Way chunkier and feels so much better in hand

I lobbed on my Megane, best interior mod I've done. Will be putting one on my 172 when I can be bothered to get the spacer machined🤣

20190625_141604.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
if do you do this you 100% need a 5mm thickness spacer. Looking back I wouldn't do it again, it's way beyond my tolerance for a safe mod these days.

29mm OD 20mm ID IIRC, 5mm thickness minimum. Ideally you would use a proper machined taper to spread the stress.