ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Steering wheel - part number?

As per title really, does anyone know the part number?

Oh and does it definitely fit a 182?

Thanking you kindly please :)

EDIT: It's starting to wind me up that Renaultsport were retarded enough to fit a fookin' mountain bike wheel in the 182. It's starting to spoil the ownership experience for me.

Last edited:

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Yeah i'm after the same thing....wanna slap a 197 steering wheel on my 182....

182FF c/w Recaros
Rich Cup said:
why would you want to swap?

Because the 182 has a wheel that looks more at home on a ship;)

I swear mine has Port and Starboard in tiny writing on each side:rolleyes:

PMSL :clown:

capstan.jpg

VaVa
And the 182 Cup wheel is seriously fugly. If the 182 Cup wheel was your stepchild you'd beat it like it was ginger.

I have to say that the fact you can't adjust the reach of the steering wheel pisses me off more than it's size.

182FF c/w Recaros
Roy Munson said:
EDIT: It's starting to wind me up that Renaultsport were retarded enough to fit a fookin' mountain bike wheel in the 182. It's starting to spoil the ownership experience for me.

Save for the rattles everywhere, it's the biggest disappointment so far for me. Way way to big and totally out of kilter with the rest of the car.

Laingo said:
And the 182 Cup wheel is seriously fugly. If the 182 Cup wheel was your stepchild you'd beat it like it was ginger.

I have to say that the fact you can't adjust the reach of the steering wheel pisses me off more than it's size.

Apparently my fugly 182Cup wheel is actually smaller than the RS wheel with it's melting rubber grips. they are both s**t steering wheels either way :D

106 GTi
Laingo said:
I like adjusting the wheel really high and pretending I'm driving a bus. lol

LOL, first thing I did was lower it down to the lowest postion on the dealers forecourt - it has stayed like that ever since.

Clio 182
I Don't understand peoples problem with the 182 wheel Me and my girl always enjoy a trip out in the 182 !! LOL

Attachments

• boat wheel.jpg
    boat wheel.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 77
Fletch123 said:
Is that a 197 with Recaros?

Nah they're the standard chairs and they own. Really nice. Far more grippy than the 182 items. I wouldnt want to own one if I was a chunky monkey though, as they gripped me fairly tightly and I'm no bloater.

I'm probably going to order one when they make a Cup and its £13k online :)

M2 Competition
Most annoying thing with the standard wheel is that it doesnt go low enough, especially with buckets in.

Always seems like its pointed at an angle, like you're driving a bus.

Da

Less
I was going to say that, the standard 182 wheel is about £300 from Renault without airbag so I dread to think of the tag that a 197 one would attract!