ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 upgrades at K-Tec - Goodbye kangaroo!

Cayman S Edition 1
For those of you who haven't seen my post on the renaultsport forum, I had my 197 tweaked at K-Tec on saturday with Eibach springs, a remap and a performance panel filter.

All I can say is what a difference. The kangaroo issue is gone and the handling is even better than before.

Well worth doing!

Turbo LY R27
Was that with a 40mm drop or the 20mm?? Is it more noticably bumpy? I really wanna do it, but i lowerd my old clio1.4 16v by 60 and found it rattled it to death and was quite bumpy.

My r27 is stiff as it is and want a little drop but not much. I was thinkin of dropping it 20mm. Would it make it really bumpy? Dont really wanna mess with the already perfect setup? Whats your cars performance like now fella?

Turbo LY R27
NEVER change the suspension setup on a R27

Lol, at ease soldiers! Just askin a question ha ha! :eek: I thought it might ruin it, but just wanted to see how it was. Dont worry boys ill never change it, mine will remain standard. Except for a cup spoiler and remap in the summer.:)

Cayman S Edition 1
here are some pics as requested. It will look better once the wheels have been painted after this weekend.

Before.....
cliostage1a.JPG

After............

lowered1.JPG

lowered2.JPG

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Excellent!! Mines about 10mm lower than that. Imo yours is how they should have left the factory imo. Interested about the map, i feel mine has a dead spot about 2.5 k ish. Whats happening to the wheels dude?

Cayman S Edition 1
Many thanks gaz. The map has smoothed out the power curve, so that when I floor it from 1k to 7.5k, its the same all the way up. No lag, and no burst at 5k . Perhaps the best part though is that in the mornings theres no jumping down the road for 30 seconds! Its just darn quick!

I'm having the wheels painted anthrecite:) Can't wait!

PS. K-tec said the springs will settle over the following week, so expect it to be a little lower. What a shame;) lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye know what you mean, i turn off the esp, which seems to help???! I'm on the look out for some replacement alloys, as some of mine have been 'blown over' in a previous refurb :( Painting the calpiers red in a few weeks, think some R27 alloys would look good....... hmmmm silver/anthricite, what to do lol!!!???!!?

Cayman S Edition 1
Sounds good mate. However I think anthrecite wins every time;)

Look forward to seeing the calipers as thats something I've also thought about!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yup, fulls pics to come around easter lol. I have the Decals waiting, just need the paint lol. You spacing out the wheels? Dont think i'm gonna bother. The cars running 25mm look daft imo. 10-15 would be my max

Cayman S Edition 1
Nah I've heard bad things about spacers. Looks great the way it is IMO. Although K-tec's 197 had the 18" wheels on and that was simply pant wettingly nice.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah, mine looks fine imo. Last thing i'd want when giving it some berries round a corner is the wheel falling off lol!!! Get the pics up when you have the wheels done :)

Clio 197 F1 R27
NEVER change the suspension setup on a R27

Lol, at ease soldiers! Just askin a question ha ha! :eek: I thought it might ruin it, but just wanted to see how it was. Dont worry boys ill never change it, mine will remain standard. Except for a cup spoiler and remap in the summer.:)

lol, i wonder what the difference would be if you changed the springs only on the cup chasis to lower the car, wonder how much it would add to a lap time, it might not make a difference, would be good to see like but i'll not try it lol

Turbo LY R27
Many thanks gaz. The map has smoothed out the power curve, so that when I floor it from 1k to 7.5k, its the same all the way up. No lag, and no burst at 5k . Perhaps the best part though is that in the mornings theres no jumping down the road for 30 seconds! Its just darn quick!

I'm having the wheels painted anthrecite:) Can't wait!

PS. K-tec said the springs will settle over the following week, so expect it to be a little lower. What a shame;) lol

You loose the 5k kick!!!?? Didnt expect that? What is it like to drive now then? Has it not lost any of its spark, i live for the 5k kick lol! Might think twice about a remap now i think Mmmm.

Cayman S Edition 1
Hasn't lost any spark. Its just pure power all the way up the revs. Why have 0-5k of nothing when you can have 0-7.5k of torque:)

Turbo LY R27
Hasn't lost any spark. Its just pure power all the way up the revs. Why have 0-5k of nothing when you can have 0-7.5k of torque:)

Ok fair enough. Do K-tec offer a test drive in one of theirs or something? Think i would want to try it out before o commit, it does sound good, but i really wouldnt want to loose the feel of the high revs coz it does feels amazing.:)

Cayman S Edition 1
Well they have got their Red 197 demo car, but I didn't even think about asking tbh.