ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 - Upgrading Brake Pads

197, M3, Ronart + KTM etc
I've just bought an 07 Sport and I feel the brakes leave a lot to be desired, even just for fast road use :eek:. The car was serviced not long ago, so the new standard pads are bedded in and I've cleaned all of the Calipers and discs and checked them for wear etc. but nothing obvious showing. Is this the norm, or has anyone upgraded the Pads and/or fitted braided lines and felt a big improvement:race: If so, who's kit did you fit and do you have the part No's and costs. Thanks for any help, regards, G

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think the 197 brakes are AWESOME! I've driven them on track and very hard on the road (Company car!! lol) and never once felt they were inadequate.

I'd get yours looked at!

RS CLIO 197
its because they arent over servoed like a lot of others cars ;)

use them and you will see - you need to press them a bit harder thats all

as for pads i have used ebc redstuff and am now using ds2500

:D

its because they arent over servoed like a lot of others cars ;)

use them and you will see - you need to press them a bit harder thats all

as for pads i have used ebc redstuff and am now using ds2500

:D
Hi foxspeed. I drive a lot of fast cars and I can assure you that I know how hard to push the brake pedal. I thought it unlikely that the brakes would be so poor, so I'll take it back to the Stealers, under warranty. Great fun car though, especially for a FWD.

RS CLIO 197
And what's the difference? Which did perform better?

for low dust and good every day punishment the ebc red are good - i know that the greens have been slagged by a few users but i found the
reds to be very good

for repeated punishment and high speed bite the ds2500 are brilliant - but should be for the price :eek:

RS CLIO 197
Hi foxspeed. I drive a lot of fast cars and I can assure you that I know how hard to push the brake pedal. I thought it unlikely that the brakes would be so poor, so I'll take it back to the Stealers, under warranty. Great fun car though, especially for a FWD.

wasnt saying anyhting over your driving fella - but a few poeple i know have 197 and expect the brakes to bite more but they dont unless you press hard
but if you say they are that bad it then it needs looking at - what make of pad has been fitted ???

is the pedal soft or just lacking "bite" ?

Pedal feels fine, but NO initial bite (not progressive), which I can just about cope with, but then they try and lock :nono: Beating the ABS looks and sounds cool, but dosn't inspire confidence when the car's still travelling very fast and the front wheels are actually skidding, briefly :cool:
Stealer fitted standard pads at recent service, from what I can see :S