ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 vs R26

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the replies! So most people prefer the megane, I can see where your coming from, but is the smaller screamy clio more fun? I just don't know if the megane would feel abit big and heavy? Maybe I'm wrong, just looking at the options really. Insurance is abit more for me on the megane, but not unreal. Also really like the recaro seats I the clio. Cheers again

Valid points, fun is the word everyone seems to be ignoring here. I think most would agree that the 197 is a more fun drive than a Megane (unless headline power figures make you hard)...but everyone's saying the Megane is the better option.

Really?

Quite funny really that the new Clio 200T is dismissed because it lacks fun vs it's predecessor, yet given the option of the predecessor, most would opt for a heavier car from a class above.

CS logic at play LOL

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I disagree with the r26 handbrake point on several notches. It doesn't twist, well mine doesn't - it feels exactly the same quality as my 172/82 one. As for looking stupid.... I don't think it looks that bad, but my wife literally burst out laughing when she saw it.

Clio 182
Interesting topic....

I looked at the 197, civic type r, and megane R26.

I eventually went for the R26 after driving all of them. Never regretted it at all, a truly excellent car. The LSD is immense and its the closest thing I’ve found to the Intergra type R I had previously.

Clio 182
Interesting topic,

I owned a R26 before I left the uk, bought it after looking at just about every hot hatch out there. Drove the 197 and really liked it however for a daily driver the gearing would have annoyed me. The R26 was fantastic fun too and as close to the handling of the intergra type r I owned before.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Interesting topic,

I owned a R26 before I left the uk, bought it after looking at just about every hot hatch out there. Drove the 197 and really liked it however for a daily driver the gearing would have annoyed me. The R26 was fantastic fun too and as close to the handling of the intergra type r I owned before.

The gearing is silly short, but once you're up to 30 it can just stay in 6th gear :)