ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 vs R26

RB 182 195bhp
Hi all, as above really, these seem to be hovering about the same price bracket, what are people's opinions?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Depends what you want?

A car that you need to drive hard to get anywhere or a car that you can be lazy and get there with less effort?

Megane for me, regret selling mine even if it was a massive POS

BG 182cup
R26 all day long.. the kit in it is awesome, get one that is fully keyless (entry and start) I only had a 225 cup and I miss that!

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
​People on here don't like clios
N
photo3_zps361f2c3b.jpg

Not everyone i love mine and my wife loves hers, loads do they just dont feel the need to post it knuckles :approve:

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
I honestly cant think of a reason why ANYONE would by a 197 over a Megane, especially a R26..

Im not bias, just honestly cant think why...

More power
Diff
Easier to get more power
Better fuel economy fi you drive them both sensibly?
Same money

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
N
photo3_zps361f2c3b.jpg

Not everyone i love mine and my wife loves hers, loads do they just dont feel the need to post it knuckles :approve:

lol it was a joke, I love mine too... I was getting at the fact that people on here don't think the clio is the best car on the planet, they know its a cheap, fun hatch. Whereas if you went on some other forums, namely saxp, they'd argue that their model of car is the best car ever

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Is there really much between them insurance wise?
Im 23 and mines 880 fully comp, had one when I was 21 and that was £1270 iirc

Clio r27 #214
I honestly cant think of a reason why ANYONE would by a 197 over a Megane, especially a R26..

More power
Diff
Easier to get more power
Same money

UGLY!

clio 182 sport

More power
Diff
Easier to get more power
Same money

The handbrake wtf?!

clio 182 sport
You would not have a megane because of the handbrake? Haha behave!!

Lol my dad ownes a megane ( not a sport ) and i have been in a few sports and i always think WHY!!!!!!!!! its f**king horrible lol.

Am i the only one who thinks this??

Mental 172 Cup
Lol my dad ownes a megane ( not a sport ) and i have been in a few sports and i always think WHY!!!!!!!!! its f**king horrible lol.

Am i the only one who thinks this??

I agree it's not the best looking handbrake in the world, but that aside. It's not the deciding factor of why I buy a car ha.. Think of what else is on offer..

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have a Megane for the handbrake. I'd love to fit one to my car... Aeroplane yo!

Except it's so poorly made it feels like it may snap every time you use it. Looks cool though.

I'd go with the meg still, awesome cars!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I agree it's not the best looking handbrake in the world, but that aside. It's not the deciding factor of why I buy a car ha.. Think of what else is on offer..

​alllll the in cabin storage! It's brilliant!

Except it's so poorly made it feels like it may snap every time you use it. Looks cool though.

I'd go with the meg still, awesome cars!

​True, have you heard of any going though?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

​True, have you heard of any going though?

No, it's just a bit annoying that it sort of twists in your hands. I guess its just a plastic cover and only one side is actually attached to a more traditional metal handbrake which is why it twists.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
a friend of mine owned a clio trophy for 3 years and and had it tuned to about 185hp. he had it 3 years so he wanted a change so bought a r26r. the car was awesome had it tuned to 290hpn and he had that for two years but he tells me EVERY DAY he missed his clio :( now he has a m3 and still misses it lol

RB 182 195bhp
Thanks for all the replies! So most people prefer the megane, I can see where your coming from, but is the smaller screamy clio more fun? I just don't know if the megane would feel abit big and heavy? Maybe I'm wrong, just looking at the options really. Insurance is abit more for me on the megane, but not unreal. Also really like the recaro seats I the clio. Cheers again