ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 vs VXR

ur megane r26
awesome cheers mate i didnt get to see it was busy doing other things :rasp: but im glad the renault won lol hahahahah

Renault clio 182
Go Renault clio

I did have high hope for the corsa but i was wrong but like it or hate it i think the corsa dose look better than the new Clio the new clio looks like a mums car the old shape is much better hence the reson i just recently bought a Clio 182 :D

D

dick

corsa looks beaut in the flesh, not seen any pics that do it justice tho.

Clio 172
Yeh, i'm gutted about the corsa it had real potential especially being Turbo. Rumour has it the new Fiesta ST will be 1.6 turbo, couple that with the good handling and that could be awesome

hate to say it, i prefer the Corsa for looks....

And you know your gonna get big power should you remap it.

RENO TAKE NOTE: PLEASE PUT THE MEGANE RS ENGINE IN THE 197, please with sugar....

after having a first hand experience of how slow the 197 actually is (okay, engine may be tight, but it's all I have to go on) the Corsa must be one lame duck to get panned so badly... why dont they over do these tests against the old cream of the crop hot hatches, I'd rather see how things have progressed... or not

well said Jesus, i reckon they are getting tamer and heavier.

Not gonna get a 197 at all, too slow. I will however consider the Megane. Pauls is awesome. Need that engine in the 197 imo.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Actually id love to see a 197 vs williams battle.

The ring would be ideal.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
like the clio more but you will struggle to gat any more power out of it for under 1k. for that you could prob get 40bhp out of the corsa with a chip@ £500 and ss + filter for £500 too. thats why id have to have it over the clio.

want a clio 225!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because the Corsa was slower round a track doesn't mean it's crap? I hate the looks but that's beside the point. Some of you guys on here crease me up. It's not like your house, your place of work, your local shops, and your parents house are all on the Ring ffs ;)

I would go out and drive one before deciding it's crap. A ciurcuit on Fifth Gear doesn't mean much about the car as a whole, does it?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes, its a s**t car.

With that in mind one would assume its s**t.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thats true, some even suggested its not even out yet.

Which makes my test drive unique.

R

rich[182]

Good that, good to see them compared back to back by someone who knows how to drive like that, interesting to see that even out of the corners and particularly the one after the tight bend which results in slow exit up an incline the so-called "lack of torque" does not hand the Corsa any advantage like you would assume it would

^^It probably does, just not enough to claw back enough time to make up what i tloses in the bends. It's actually one of Fifth Gears best features so far this series, and a good benchmark of the handling between the two cars. It wasn't a road test though, and IMO unless one spends their life driving around a circuit with a stop watch, you shouldn't draw too much just from that one feature :) Sure, it may feel crap to drive too, I wouldn't know as I haven't driven it.