ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 with a turbo would you buy or not

mazda 2 sport white
197 with a turbo
am i by myself wanting a turbo on a 197 who would buy one?i think it drives great but lacks the grunt, If they did
they can have my hard earned now, shall we start a poll
add your name if you would buy one !

mr blue182

CB600FS
I'd never have a normal 197, too much weight, not enough power.

If they drop a 225 Turbo engine in the 197 cup, and map it more, 250/260bhp then yes.

Scirocco GT 210
They'd have to sort out that stupid feather-light power steering too. It's exactly the same as it is on my mum's damn micra! Rubbish. And sort out the engine note.

Then yes.

It does need a turbo though. The car is too heavy to rely on n/a torque.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
they would never do that cause it would be a higher bhp than the meggy

Too true. They wouldn't want their performance flagship (especially now that the Meggy 230 has come 2nd in ECOTY '06) being upstaged by a more powerful, quicker and smaller sibling.

As others have said though, I just wouldn't spend the kind of money required to make a turbo'd 197 a decent car. Get a standard Meggy 225 for that!

D.

mazda 2 sport white
yes mate thats all i think it would need and if it was cupped , power wait and all that may be it would feel like the 182 kick , do`t think i would like a meggy bit to big and i don`t just mean the ass .

Quite a few people would want one the markets there no point using the 197 engine though migh as well use a more basic engine and run boost the Megan engine and box would be ideal would make for a suitable GT Clio.

Personally I'd like to have seena lighter one more Cup racer speced.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Not possible without 4WD.

Maximum power for a FWD car is 220/230...

Hence why you'll never see anything more than that out of the Megane in its current form.

Either convert to RWD or 4WD for a turbo.

Not possible without 4WD.

Maximum power for a FWD car is 220/230...

Hence why you'll never see anything more than that out of the Megane in its current form.

Either convert to RWD or 4WD for a turbo.

Thats not true though Saab and Volvos are 250hp FWD and there fine. There a laod of 250hp+ FWD cars there loads you can do OK tracktion might not be amazing off the line but that what the accelerator is you cvan spin the fronts wheels in a 70hp car if you want.

Meggy will be seeing 250hp within the next 18 months.

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
250 is alot for a FWD nevertheless, but the outcome mostly depends on the chasis's ability to put the power down, some do it better then others

but there are other ways to further improve power delivery, for instance, the new Mazda 3 MPS (with 260hp) comes with an LSD and "smart" launch electronics, which restrain boost in lower gears

cock mobile.
Just make it 220 N/A and it would be a lot more appealing.

Or make it not so fat and it would be more appealing.

I wouldn't buy it just because it was 'turbod' infact that may put me off altogether.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
i love turbo cars so if it had a 225 engine might like the car a bit but its always going to be butt ugly

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If it had a small turbo to boost the mid-range I'd be there. It's not too bad when you use every spare rev, but it's when you pull out to overtake that it feels gutless. Be interesting to see if the engines loosen up like the 172/182's.