ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The more pictures I see, the more I want one.

The RacingBlue one at AutoSport looked awesome (apart from the ghey splitters and bits on the skirts) with the while wheels!

Seen a couple on the road now and think they look awesome. I havent got a 1*2, so wont be moaning about the differences.

I dont expect it to feel much faster than my car just from the general opinion of the speed on them on here.

Just a shame my Renault Dealer doesnt have a demo one for me to drive as I think after driving one im going to need it.

The fact that its supposed to feel more refined doesnt put me off at all, infact it actually makes me want it more! Neither does the fact it costs lots and what else I could buy with that money.

Is there any OFFICAL news on a Cup version yet?

i went in one today, for about 30 min alone, brakes are amazing compared to my 182 seats are much better, as is the gear box felt much better, iam waitin to see if they realese a cup tho, 197 does not feel (feel) as fast as my 182,

i went in one today, for about 30 min alone, brakes are amazing compared to my 182 seats are much better, as is the gear box felt much better, iam waitin to see if they realese a cup tho, 197 does not feel (feel) as fast as my 182,

They need some miles before they loosen up just like the 172 did.

There not eough with decinet miles on them yet hopefully by the time there a few more out there and second hand this forum general hatred of the car will go.

i was very impressed, if they do a nice cup or trophy i mite be tempted away from the 182 but got a test drive in a meggy r26 f1 next week

BMW 535D
i saw a blue one on auto trader with refurbed black standard alloys, made me want one a bit, but i know it wouldnt thrill me like the 182 does :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
^^^i see that all the time, he's from Manchester.

really nice looking car.

it's still a porky f*cker though. :(

106 GTi

There not eough with decinet miles on them yet hopefully by the time there a few more out there and second hand this forum general hatred of the car will go.

The ones I have drove had 6 and 8k on them, which was in comparison to 4k on the demo 182 I drove in Dec 2004 so for me speed wise I think there is a fair indication as to speed.

Fully agree on the gearbox and the brakes felt good,

stirky

ClioSport Club Member
  Cliosport 197
SINCE i HAVE HAD MINE CAN'T KEEP OUT OF IT NIPPING TO THE SHOPS IS NOW A 10 MILE BLAT

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah i never liked it tbf, but i have seen a few in the flesh in blue and red, they are sooo nice.

Mini Cooper S sport
Grrr I just posted in this topic and it didn't post, f**king forum!

Anyway I said 197s look great in the metal, especially in racing blue. I love the seats too, and I'd have one if they were a bit faster and cheaper. They do seem better made than 182s, which I guess is why they're more expensive!

Turbos.

The ones I have drove had 6 and 8k on them, which was in comparison to 4k on the demo 182 I drove in Dec 2004 so for me speed wise I think there is a fair indication as to speed.

Do you have a photographic memory? How can you tell from a test drive 3 years ago...?

Inferno 182
had mine just over a week now and loving it,my 182 was a fantastic car which i miss a bit but the quality of the 197 makes it all feel better and as said the brakes are excellent and once on the move always makes me smile and of course it as Keyless Go-:D

btw my g/f still has a 182 cup so got the best of both worlds but go everwhere in the 197 at the mo and its nice to see the 197 getting praise on here

Mini Cooper S sport
rrp on a 182 was circa 15 k!!!!

Maybe but who paid that? Most people on here seemed to pay around the £12.7k mark for theirs brand new from Renault dealers.

But I get the impression people are paying not far off the list price for the 197 because the options make it so expensive.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i tihkn the thing you have to look at is that i doubt many people got much discount of a 172 back when they came out in circa 2001?

the 182 was the final run of the '172' some 5/6 years on so was always going ot be cheap. I would imagine at the same point in the 197's life cycle similiar deals will be there.

Saying that, they are chepa now imo. online brokers for 13.5k iirc. I got mine form a delaer for 14.5k. Had to wait a week for it to be prepped.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
did i tell you i love this forum?

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
rrp on a 182 was circa 15 k!!!!

Maybe but who paid that? Most people on here seemed to pay around the £12.7k mark for theirs brand new from Renault dealers.

But I get the impression people are paying not far off the list price for the 197 because the options make it so expensive.

you'd be suprised, imo its only peeps who use the internet who know about these deals, for example my dad wouldn't lol. Same with the 225 megane, dealers have them up for near 20k...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Black looks well imo. That would be my choice :). As said above if it 'felt' as fast as a 182 then it would be a no brainer

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Blue is by far the best colour for it. Would be my choice....if white doesn't come in on the colour options!
The 197, set up to look like the Cup racer, with the same stance etc, and alot lighter with the 1*2 frenetic ability, would be my absolute Clio.....i wish Renault would chuck away their rulebook and make this type of 197!
Call it the Cup, the Trophy,the Renaultsport ClioSport 197 F1 Cup Trophy Sport (a la Megane sillynameness) for all i care...PLEEEASE just make it!

But until that glorious day, i'll stick to what i know and love...my Cup!

106 GTi

Do you have a photographic memory? How can you tell from a test drive 3 years ago...?

Just remember the important details.

The drive home in my 4000 mile 182 reminded my very much of the first time I drove a 182.

So a fairly fair day of comparisons a 6K 197 vs my 4k 182 - and the 197 lacked pace.

Mini Cooper S sport

you'd be suprised, imo its only peeps who use the internet who know about these deals, for example my dad wouldn't lol. Same with the 225 megane, dealers have them up for near 20k...

This was from Renault dealers! As Seb said, maybe they were a bit cheaper because the Mk 2 was nearing the end of its run, but I'm sure no-one on here paid nearly 15k for a 182, even when they were first out.

I suppose 13.5k-ish isn't bad for a 197 with all the bits though. I woudn't buy a brand new one anyway :).

Aside from the price, I still wish it was a bit quicker than a 182..even just a little bit.