ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197bhp Fiat 500

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  197 FF Glacier White
its still a fiat....

Yep, so a bullet proof engine and build quality that has improved to levels Renault can only dream of!

Thats an superb machine, If only I could justify the outlay!

Check out those seats! :cool:

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
If you were looking at a 1 year old car and had 22k to play with there is no f**king danger that a Ford Ka badged as a '500' would ever make my list of candidates. 200bhp whoop-de-whoop. Might weigh little but cant help feeling that 22k is chucking money away despite the 'uniqueness and modifications' carried out. I suppose this must be exempt from the first pitfall of modification in that you NEVER get your money back!!

For example f**k the shitey fiat and go with this. Just as quick and a million leaps ahead.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/classifieds/2009991.htm

f**k yer fiat said:
Audi S4 4.2 V8 6 speed tiptronic + Paddle shift, Cruise Control. Sprint Blue,Xeon Headlights Rear Parking Sensors, Full Black leather, Heated Recaro seats.DVD based Satellite Navigation system, BOSE Sound system 6 CD auto changer. 2 x SD card slots.Auto dim rear mirror.Carbon fiber inlays 3 spoke leather multi-function steering wheel.This car even smells like it just drove out of the showroom!!!!

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yep, so a bullet proof engine and build quality that has improved to levels Renault can only dream of!

DREAMER!

Engine may be a good 'un but the rest of the cars are still shite. I had a Grande Punto for 18months and had more problems with it then I have had with any other car I have ever owned including 10+ year old french hatches and a nearly 20year old beemer!!

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
I had a Grande Punto last september for about a week. 350miles of utter misery, build quality was garbage and the interior trim was flimsy and crap.

Doors didnt shut with any certainty and the wee wanky things like hazards that came on under emergency breaking and pisch poor support from front seats make it a horrible experience.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  ITB BG 182

That ok matey, you can go drive around in your bullet proof engine Fiat KA cross bred, looking like mr camp uk, mean while for my 22k i will be driving around in a 1yr old S4 or possible have a caterham and a motorbike.

I would not spend 22k on a Renault, never mind a flipping Fiat even if it did have 500bhp.

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
yup.

To be honest I was super impressed with the titanium SS and bespoke 197 kit. Worth the 10k mark up.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  197 FF Glacier White
DREAMER!

Engine may be a good 'un but the rest of the cars are still s**te. I had a Grande Punto for 18months and had more problems with it then I have had with any other car I have ever owned including 10+ year old french hatches and a nearly 20year old beemer!!

Not dreaming, I've run Fiats for 20 years, (as well as many other marques, I love cars in general) I've witnessed first hand the improvements over the last 5-6 years. You were unlucky, Fiat are a top seller over here and all of europe these days and there is a good reason for this. Only Ford have managed a similar improvement imo. Having said that, I drove a new shape clio the other day, a world apart from the old one. Still love the old one though!

Edit. Although the cars are superb these days, the dealers are still the worst I have ever dealt with, apart from Volvo!

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The local Fiat dealership must get all the bad ones then... I know of at lest 4 other cars form there that have been at least as poor as mine was.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  197 FF Glacier White
Terrible luck then. I always advise that people stay away from marques that they've had problems with as the human mind never really gets over it! Thats why I'll NEVER buy another Citroen, BMW or Audi!

However, of the Renaults I've owned or driven, none were terrible, and one was actually very good, surprisingly so although one really tested tested my patience!

I've owned a lot of cars, when I find my cup it will be car number 51, hopefully it will be memorable for the right reasons, I'm sure it will be from the feedback I keep getting about them.