ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1999 Clio RSi 1.6 16v

Thinking about getting one of these in a couple of months for my Second car.

Is the engine any good? (Reliability? Power?)

What standard equipment do they come with? (aircon? leather?)

and what sort of price wud i look at paying for one in good condition?

Cheers people.

i used to have one of these as a demo when i sold renaults, good little cars not amazingly quick, 110 bhp if my memory serves me right. there wont be many around as they were not big sellers and wernt available for very long, air con and leather were extra, velour trim as standard was nice though,mine was platinum silver with blue full blue leather, it looked the business. small alloys not to everyones taste but i like em. torsion bar at the back. good solid little car. i cant be sure but id have guessed the engine is virtually the same as the present 1.6 16v clio.

hey , yer there something special,well i think so , they are basically a 172 in hiding but without the engine, they come with all the things the 172 comes with, MOst of them come wiv Aircon (but some didnt) They are half leather , Engine they are pushing out 110bhp but with a few mods can easily get that up, They are springs all round , any way any more questions give us a pm.
PS heres a pic of mine

OK so 1 person says they come with half leather and springs at the rear... 1 person says they come with Velour (Leather as an extra) and Torsion bar at the rear...

Can anyone confirm which of these is true?

Your car looks very nice badboy_mc

In reality im after a decent powered car that falls in the lower tax band (under 1600cc) which is reasonable quality and comfortable to drive.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

spring type suspension all round,110bhp,different interior not sure if its leather though i cant remember.Never used to get any in at work with problems so id say a good little car.quite nippy as well.

Cheers Jay.

Group 10 on insurance quite steep for 19 yr old but my insurers are giving me 50% no claims at the end of this year so that should bring it down to an affordable level. Probably still be expensive with being in a crap area

In all honesty ive fallen in love with the looks of the white one in the picture above. The price isnt too bad either. £3865
Just such a shame i havent got anywhere to keep it till the end of this insurance policy.

Any ideas how it would compete with the 125bhp 1.8 16v Astra Coupé ?