ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st car...soon :), advice needed

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Basically I have been waiting a longgg time to drive (cant wait), im only 17 at the mo, but will be 18 in January. I love the Renault Sport's but kinda pricey and insurance is mad.

I've got a pretty good job now, which pays well and wanting to get something at least half decent. Im posting this for advice on the cars which I would consider to try and buy these would be :

Citroen Saxo VTR or VTS Mk I or II (like the old school VTS Mk I )
Renault Clio 1.2/1.4 Dynamique, then mod it with 172 bumpers etc...(nothing crazy like bodykits and sh*t)
or
Seat Leon but not 100% sure on that.

I know that the Saxo's insurance will buy pretty expensive but you can pick these cars up pretty cheap. Also im going to start saving (well try) for a V6 Mk I:approve: maybe Mk II and hopefully be able to buy by age 21/22. Because I absolutely love that car ! :D

Thanks Ben.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
vts will be pretty much impossible to insure at 17, whether mk1 or 2, stupid insurance...

vtr would be fine, few mates had them at 17 and very fun/quick cars for the price!

out of all of them, i would go for the VTR or the 1.4 Dyna... cheap to run and not too bad on insurance, allthough both will still be wuite high dude

133/225/CLS AMG
Fiesta Zetec-S!! Insurance Group 8e, great fun, good handling as well. :D :D

If not I'd go for the Saxo VTR, nippy, fun car but more reasonable to insure.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
What would I expect to pay for insurance on a Zetec S ?, I like these, completely forgot, nice 1

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Orite, I like the zetec s how its kinda rare, I like the VTR a lot, but there quite common and boyracer like, would still get 1 but no bodykits etc...

cock mobile.
Also think about the Punto Sporting, great cars, group 6 or 7, well equipped, fun and cheap cars.

Honda Civic 2.0 TypeR
get ur self a civic mate
proj-ctr-0.jpg

abuse it as much as u want it wont brake on you built to last! and plus when u wanna get somin faster the turbos for them are pretty cheap just wack one on increase ur bhp by 100 plus there are so meny engine preformence parts out for civics

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
get a 1.2 clio. save money on insurance and fuel. the best driving memories are from my 1.0 d plate metro city. an absolute beast on the twisties, but not enough power to get you in trouble :) idea lfirst car. get some thing as cheap and as slow as possible and enjoy ragging the tits off it on soem country road. speed doesn't = fun imo.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I like the civics aswell kinda hard do find a nice especially a 3dr and also I only really like the Type R, so that will be cheap insurance...

sh33n said:
LOL, do you forget that's a Renault you drive!? :clown:

lol not at all, but i have experience of boith renaults and fiats, and although, yes, renaults arent the most reliable cars in the world, when they do go wrong its not normally very expensive to fix - last time it cost me £7! - Fiats tend to brake in a more wallet hurting way.

cock mobile.
theduckeatspork said:
lol not at all, but i have experience of boith renaults and fiats, and although, yes, renaults arent the most reliable cars in the world, when they do go wrong its not normally very expensive to fix - last time it cost me £7! - Fiats tend to brake in a more wallet hurting way.

Experience I guess, I had far less problems with my Punto than my Renault. Not sure what year your FIAT was, but mine was almost new one I got it, 2001 Mk2 so the problems probably hadn't crept in by that point :)

lol, well mate had an L reg one a year or so ago and he spent 3 times what he bought it for on repairs. My sisters is a 02 plate and is starting to show signs of being unreliable aswell, already spent £500 on repairing it and shes had it 6 months!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
think I would get bored of it quickly and kinda regret buying but that one is very nice, the front discs look mint.

al

ST on the way...
AlexJMills said:
Fiesta Zetec-S!! Insurance Group 8e, great fun, good handling as well. :D :D

If not I'd go for the Saxo VTR, nippy, fun car but more reasonable to insure.

If it's group 8 you're looking at then you could always go for a Clio 1.6, quicker than a Zetec S.

cock mobile.
New C2 VTS or GT is only Group 7 as well isn't it?

Not so sure about the looks though.

Clio 182 FF 2005
get a mk1 1.2 like me, sticks to the road like s**t to a blanket and goes quite well for what it is, i love it!

Mk2 1.6
yeah 1.6 clio is a good option, ive only just turned 18 and insurance aint too expensive on it. Also alot cheaper with passplus if you cosider doing that. But then again, saxos are a of a lot cheaper to buy.

al

ST on the way...
Clio is faster than the C2 VTS and the GT Has no toys in it! ;)

Clio has stuff like, autolights and wipers, electric sunroof, climate control etc :)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Ye im really thinking of doing a pass plus, still need to look more into it, but all looks positive.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
The C2 VTS and the GT are both pretty pricey compared to a Clio or the Saxo's.

Turbos.
I'd like to see a new driver get insured for under a few grand with these cars mentioned!

Basically unless you're going to be on one of your parent's insurance you're living in a dream world fella. Not that driving a 1.2 is a bad thing IMO. The out going Clios are nippy, good looking and most importantly, safe.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Annoys me how if I bought, say a 1.2 Dynamique for like £2000 or there abouts I could easily pickup a VTR/VTS for the same price maybe even lower, and its well faster lol, just the insurance is the annoying thing.