ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st gear Accelerating hard?

LY R26
If I put my foot flat to the floor in 1st,
i get a horrible noise as if somethings rubbing?
Driveshaft is in perfect condition and I cant see any rubbing signs on the archliner?

LY R26
I pray not.
whats the best way to tell bud?
only does it in first because the wheels spinning...?

engine mounts expensive to have replaced?!

if it is the mounts, it's not necessarily serious as there are a couple of things you can do that might sort it

check the tightness of all of the engine mount and subframe mounting nuts/bolts (especially the bottom nut on the upper gearbox mount); also, loosen the four top engine mount bolts and pull the engine forward before retightening - these two things are about all you can do before you start thinking about renewing the mounts. check it out on search as there are diagrams and some decent explanations of what to be doing

53' 172 Cup
check wheel nuts on front are nice and tight. if ok could be manifold knocking-just put a post up bout this...i had a knocking noise wen accel hard in 1st & 2nd it was the exhaust mani knocking -undid the engine mount on top left and pulled engine forward...sorted

Countryman JCW
I got the same prob, it sounds like the exhaust rattling a bit thats all, nothing serious i wouldnt of thought!

LY R26
..I mean, the top engine mounts.
the 4 Ive been asked to undo and pull the engine forwards,
can someone take a photo of their bay and highlight the 4 mounts?

C

Cupster

Sounds like the exhaust banging?

Swap the dog bone mount for a powerflex one. Sorted my banging out!

Image010.gif

C

Cupster

I had the luxury of a mate with a pit in his garage so not too hard. Would advise the axel stands or a jack as you may have to rock the engine a bit to line it all back up again.

It is the original mount just with powerflex bushes in place.

Think it was about 30 quid from K-Tec.