ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st post-Help needed with 172 Alarm....

Hi,

Been reading this forum for a while now, great source of information and have just signed up. I am due to pick up my Mk1 172 on Saturday but as per usual the dealer is useless and has no idea what alarm was/is fitted to the car. It is a June 2000 UK vehicle, does anyone know what was fitted as standard and was there an alarm upgrade/option?

Cheers

Simon.

The car has an immobiliser from the factory and the alarm (to make it Cat 1) is fitted to all uk 172s when they land off the boat. It should have senors on the windscreen pillars and an extra LED by the gearstick. Mine came with an istallation certifficate & codes, if your lucky they might still be floating round with the other paperwork.

172 Cup

Hiya Simon

Welcome to the forum.

If I remember rightly they are some form of cobra alarm.

Mine is an Oct 2000 & I got it from new & when I ordered it there was NO options or upgrades available.

To be fair to your dealer it took me about 3 weeks to find out what brand of alarm they were using - as I wanted to add a pager to mine and in the end the Dealer contacted Renault Techincal Support & eventually someone answered the question, whether or not this is correct - well I dont know as I decided against the pager as quite a few people told me they were poo.

Hope you enjoy the car as much as I do :D

Hugh

Megane R26

The alarm fitted is a Cobra Bridge 7000 series, Cat 2 - Cat 1 upgrade alarm. They only come into the country with a Cat 2 immobiliser fitted.

RM172

Ive just been reading about the "Cobra 7000 series" alarms and none of them let you use the OE Key fob?! Has anyone got a specific model number Alarm renault use on the 172 mk2?!

Thanks

Boyo

If anyone has a seperate key fob for the alarm its a strong possibility the car is an import. The uk cars came with an integral alarm/imobilizer on the same keyfob.

Clio 1.6 16V

When I bought my past 2000 1.6 16v sport (later badged RSi) it came with a Cobra alarm (user manual in documentation) fitted and CAT 1 certificate. The central locking/alarm was operated using the standard Reno keyfob.

Megane R26

The Cobra alarm does allow use of the original Renault key fob, the cat 2>>>1 upgrade in the Clio accessories booklet is a Cobra, how do I know because a Renault dealer fitted it to my car for £300 all inclusive.

RM172

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

When i got my Mk1 172 (Y reg) import I got the alarm fitted, cost £300.

It was a Cobra: Model Number 4c8265r2a

Quote: Originally posted by RM172 on 06 October 2003

The Cobra alarm does allow use of the original Renault key fob, the cat 2>>>1 upgrade in the Clio accessories booklet is a Cobra, how do I know because a Renault dealer fitted it to my car for £300 all inclusive.

RM172

Whats the model number of the Cobra alarm?

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Mine seems to be up behind the radio. It kept going off, so renault needed to remove radio to get to wires for alarm.

It doesnt need to be fitted by reno, to use the OE keyfob. Any half decent fitter will be able to get the cobra alarm work with the OE keyfob.

THIS MIGHT HELP

THE ALARM IS RENAULT PRODUCT NAMED A COBRA MADE BY DELTA ELECTRONICS ITALY

PART NUMBER 7711219272

RENAULT COMPACT 7895/C

THATCHAM NUMBER TC2-1174/0101