ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.0 16v 172 head same casting as megane??

clio 172
is the casting on the 172 head the same as the other renault 2.0 16v cylinder heads just with port work and different valves etc but same cast if you know what i mean!!!!!!! can anyone shine light on this one for me!!:rolleyes:

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Doubt it as 172 is a F4R engine and think you are thinking of megane F7R head being similar to Clio Williams F7R head but with different valves and ports.

it is only simiar to other F4R heads, as in it will fit the block and cams. But the 172 is an 'S' sport casting with cnc work on the ports. So if your referring to the new megane, its similar.

If referring to the old megane, nope....totally diff.

Latest megane uses an F4R, fairly certain an avantime does and possibly the new shape laguna...i think these are all turboed versions though so don't know if thats much help?

I've got the older shape megane coupe, it's an 02 so it has the new f4r engine in it, a guy on the coupe forum recons the whole top end is different to the 172, therefore it been more restrictive:dead:

I am wanting to beef up my engine and I thought the sensible way would be to replace the relevant parts on my engine with uprated clio 172 parts, but advice on this is hard to come by as I can't find anyone that has done the same thing.

Advice would be good for me 2.

Thanx