ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.0 16v Turbo

BMW 320d Sport

Well Ive found a place selling the new Megane 2.0 turbo lumps already...about 90 just come over from France apparently direct from the Renault test bench. £900 + VAT - and yes, that includes the turbo. Dont know about the ECU or anything though.

So the question is, how would we get one to fit in a Clio? Anyone got details of the engine itself, what kind of size is it, similar to a 172 lump?

manifolds would be the difficult bit,

a remappable ecu of course,

i dont know what the limit of the 16v fueling system would be, but the weakest parts would need upgrading, and is thats the TB then its real money,

is it a full low comp engine inc pistons etc? is this the F4R turbo thatw as in CCC?

sorry for all the qustions, im sure K-tech are good people to ask about whats needed as they have made 300+BHP from the F7P

buy it!

BenR said something about the one of the F4R turbos only making 170BHP after the low comp. internals were done, cant remember the details but it was along those lines

drivers side is designed in sowadays, no problem.

Std megane, Vel satis and espcae turbos make 170bhp they are NOT performace items unless you BUY the turbo out of the megane sport which has not been released yet...

I think you have basically the same equiptment as Capt did when he first started.....lots of work needed. ANd a suitable ECU to control the FBW and twin lambdas.....

BMW 320d Sport

Well thats the one I think he was talking about, the Megane 2.0 16v turbo, the new one, the lumps have still got the test bench mileage tags on them.

BMW 320d Sport

One said Broken the other said Underwater testing onlyand the third said 100k miles test...:D

It was a mileage tag on each like 40km or 150km. Something like that, but the problem is 40km under what conditions?

:D

where abouts do you work chris? is it near a port due to the nature of your work?

and how do you go about getting the parts cast then into the ship? or do you build around the motor?

Well, I have fitted a 2000hp quad turboed diesel engine to a Nova...... :D

Nahh, car stuff is just a hobby. Although I do wonder if i should have done automotive engineering or something. Still, networking = £££ ;)