ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 days of epic fail.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The odd job that should have been so easy has turned into a nightmare!

The good first!

Firstly new center cap badges, Peter my parts man at renault told me that you can't buy the diamonds on their own, so luckily for me I paid for one cap and blagged the other 3 for free ;)

SSL11059.jpg

wheels are complete now very happy with them.

Popped on the new bullets - all was going well..

SSL11057.jpg

Postman delivered these too so on they went

SSL11054.jpg

Need a clean but I've always had them on any car I buy, for some reason they're addictive!

Quick hoover and restick the thumb grips ;)

SSL11060.jpg

I was happy and flying.

Then I wasn't - ripped off the old rear bumper trim to find to my horror that new ones don't fit, they're too short! all the Streamline Carbon trims being short came flooding back - so its gonna have to stay as it is till I can find a replacement

Then the s**t really hit the fan! Fooking badges!

Front one was a right tw*t, I bought the black surround with it as well so had to take the grille off to unscrew it from the back, not a huge issue because I was putting the brand new grille in anyway.

Clio badge - both pins snapped off on the old one so after ripping the boot to bits to push them out new one went on - happy days :)

When I first went to look at the car I could see the sport badge had been stuck down at the wrong side, thought nothing of it as I ways always going to buy new ones all round, well that and the Renault badge had been f**king super glued down, bonded, stuck - any f**king way you can stick something to something someone had done.

Without knowing this I pulled them off and looked in horror as super glue was all over the paintwork in some areas and the paint had come off with the badge in others!

After trying all the easy methods it was obvious it wasn't for shifting it was time for scary measure - I'll cut it short but after sanding some of it down with 2000 grit wet dry and polishing back up the renault badge went on fine, but where the sport badge was it was well and truely f**ked, Super glue remover is very effective at removing glue but its also great at removing the paint underneath it :(

So after hours of effort I've had to put the Sport badge back where it was to cover the absolute horror underneath.

So the question is people do you think it looks w**k how it is? the only option I have is to have the boot painted - I think personally thats a tad overkill for a badge that needs moving an inch.

What would you do?

SSL11051.jpg

SSL11053.jpg

Please note being a perfectionist I now shake my head at the car whenever I see it ;)

53 Clio's & counting
personally matei think its fine., but you being the perfectionist it wont matter that other people wont notice, as you will and it will continue to bug you untill you get it done

oh and i agree wit hjamie, who would choose a 172 over a willy dear god ;)

If you're a perfectionist, you're going to have to get that bootlid painted, looks like a badge bought from halfords now ;)
Uber clean mate.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
To most people they wouldnt know. But that would annoy me it being in the wrong place.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
looks like a non genuine sport badge too

From renault in a renault packet with a renault reciept? :)

Although I do know what you mean I thought all the badges looked a bit wierd when I put them on!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Ahh f**k it, lifes to short to care about where a plastic badge lives - I'll do something about it if the opportunity arises.

TTRS & V50
Looks like the badge looks wonky aswel as the wrong place. It would piss me off know about it. But to most no one would bat an eyelid.

I say respray.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
of the badge or the car? ;)

I'm sorting this out next week anyway so fret not younglings.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Booked in for the morning to be sorted out so all is well.

Thinking about the new style renault sport badge now.

Trust a body shops eyes to go all over the car and spot something you've never noticed yourself, but will now notice of all eternity lol.

Not an issue but still :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Wasn't broke so don't try to fix! tbh

Know what your saying but its a right mess under there with paint taken off, it would need touching up at the very least to stop any rust forming in the future - its more to do with that than simply moving the badges.

We had a good look and its had the boot painted before looks like they just cracked the badges on too early and with little attention as to what they were sticking them on with!

Boots now stripped ready for the morning.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It looks w**k! Respray will make you smile!

New ren sport badge?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Daz. how do you find the Vredestein Sportrac 3's? I'm thinking about getting 4 of them as they always seem to get an excellent write up. Won't be going on a Clio mind.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Daz. how do you find the Vredestein Sportrac 3's? I'm thinking about getting 4 of them as they always seem to get an excellent write up. Won't be going on a Clio mind.

I've liked them for a long time now, had them on my Williams and bought them straight away for the 172 when I got it, brilliant in the wet and as good as most tyres in the dry, not the softest of compounds so the very last word in grip isn't quite there but I like it gives you some warning as to whats happening.