ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 for 1 on Photobox Canvas - ends Friday 25th

Thought you all might be interested in the above offer. Photobox are doing a 2 for 1 offer on canvas prints, offers ends midnight Fri.

Cheers

Paul

dk

911 GTS Cab
need code JUN241CP

these guys make fantastic canvases, get this while you can, great deal. if i didn't have a canvas on nearly every wall from these guys already i would splash out.

We got two more with this latest offer (the huge ones again), this time they came with white borders instead of the image fully wrapped though, not too thrilled about that as we didn't specify it.

Anyhow, was hoping they would collect via courier, but we have to return them through the post office (have they seen the size of the box?!) to get replacements.

We got two more with this latest offer (the huge ones again), this time they came with white borders instead of the image fully wrapped though, not too thrilled about that as we didn't specify it.

Anyhow, was hoping they would collect via courier, but we have to return them through the post office (have they seen the size of the box?!) to get replacements.

Lol - bit of a pain!

Still waiting for mine, ordered two 60cm x 40cm. Unfortunately they use Home Delivery Network who have to be one of the worst couriers in the world.... They left an incomplete calling card with just my name and tracking no. needless to say the online system didn't recognise this as my postcode did not tie up with the tracking no.......phone them up....'please enter tracking no'.... tracking no. entered.....'please enter house no'.... well guess what my flat no. has a letter after the number.....computer says no...... No doubt all one big con to get you to spend time on the phone to them....

I am hoping they'll be waiting at home for me this evening after finally re-arranging delivery to a neighbour.

dk

911 GTS Cab
mine didn't come with HDN, think mine were parcel force and when no-one was in they phoned me to ask if they could leave them with a neighbour etc.

they've also never asked me to return stuff when its been wrong, i have the white borders on some of mine too, they do it when the wrap would ruin the picture, says on the website and in my case it would have cut off the top of machu picchu and other stuff so i'm glad they didn't wrap, i was worried they would!

i think they look great with white borders against a white wall with all that colour on the front.

Mine were waiting at home last night, HDN had managed to drop off with one of my neighbours. The two prints both have a white border and do look good, wrapping would have not have been ideal on the two prints due to picture composition.

It's pretty ridiculous that these are the first two prints I have purchased (aside from Christmas calendars for the relatives) since picking up my DSLR two years ago.

they've also never asked me to return stuff when its been wrong, i have the white borders on some of mine too, they do it when the wrap would ruin the picture, says on the website and in my case it would have cut off the top of machu picchu and other stuff so i'm glad they didn't wrap, i was worried they would!

You can specify if you want a white border, but iirc not the other way around. The weird thing is the inconsistency, ordering the exact same image 4 weeks apart and receiving two very different finishes to them (the positioning on the latest one is very different to the original)

The other one with the white border is the central portion of this with the rocks bordering the top and bottom. Looks really really odd with a white border given that 90% of the image edge is black.

617742579_iPADh-L.jpg

I agree Chris, that doesn't seem logical. Did you crop your photo so that it was the same overall ratio as the print size?

I agree Chris, that doesn't seem logical. Did you crop your photo so that it was the same overall ratio as the print size?

Yep, exact crop for the canvas size (which includes the edges iirc)...ironically so I could be sure that it wouldn't be messed around with ;)

Photobox is far less automated than I expected it to be.

They do seem to have a lot of errors but certainly no problems getting replacements.

Photobox is far less automated than I expected it to be.

They do seem to have a lot of errors but certainly no problems getting replacements.

Yup, some of the problems I've had in the past have been really odd human errors, strange given how many orders they must get.

It's a good job they are generally excellent with replacements, as I would say historically 1 in 3 of my orders have had some kind of fault (incorrectly printed business cards, books speckled in white dots, receiving other peoples holiday photos (twice), receiving other peoples photo books etc.), they must spend an insane amount of money on replacements as up until now I've never had to actually return the faulty/incorrect items.

The incorrect calendars error was my favourite, they dispatched another set and told me to destroy the ones I received, but on the off chance I emailed the owner of the calendars I had got (the invoice enclosed had their details on it), and amazingly they had just received my order! So we sent them off to each other, therefore ending up with two lots of orders for the price of one.

Last edited:
Thought I'd bump this thread rather than start a new one, just received an email with Photobox's latests offers......which includes 2 for 1 calendars... I have got into the habit of doing these for family and friends at Christmas as I know a few others have.

Offer runs until the 21st Oct I think.

Cheers