ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 variants of silver on mk1 172

On the mk1 172 is there are 2 version of silver? one i want is Titanium, what is the other one? and what year did the different shade of silver came out?

cheers

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

There was something about the reason the changed the colour.. somthing to do with repairs to the old paint.. not sure if it was true or not though.

KDF, went to look at a couple of Titanium, both paintwork seems fine, if a problem do occur i should be able to claim on warrenty

Titanum is alot brighter than Iceburg (its got bigger mica particals in the paint). New v6 is coming in Titanium, bring it on!!

The reason they stoped Titanium is that at one stage 172s were being built at three different factories in France and only one of them was set up to spray Titanium, dont know why, but they deleated the colour.

New v6s all being built at the one factory in Dieppe and they can obviously spray this colour.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I would have to disagree I always though the new silver (the one that my car has) looks a lot brighter.

Well your intitled to your opinion mate (_KDF) but about 18 months ago my wife had a mk1 172 ( in titanium ) and i had & still have a mk1 V6 ( in iceburg ) and parked next too each other on my drive the172 looked alot brighter and that was not just my opinion but everyone who came round and saw the 2 cars together, but hey maybe all are eye sights are f*cked or something!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

maybe the 172s paint job was duffed up ;) or the v6 was accidently mixed with white.. ;)

i have to say though in those two piccies, the mk1 is clearly taken in the shade and the mk2 is taken on a bright day..... not wanting to be difficult or anything :D

Astra 1.9cdti XP

RPM - Have you got centre caps for your wheels? I have some if you want them.

Titanium Silver is plain silver whereas the Iceberg has a blue tint to it.

on the road they do look different (ive been following simon172 before now) but whether one is lighter or not, i dont know.. definitely a different kind of silver though...

CTR EK9 turbo

yep ive parked next to a titanium silver and had one let me out of a junction and then follow me once (VR6man) , the titanium seems lighter and more silver. Whereas the iceberg has blue tint to it as someone put it in here. A bit like my old scirocco which was Kosmos silver, but that was bluer.