ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Cup accident with a lorry :(

Nissan 350z
Haha interesting solution Rob to the lack of witness situation!

Chased up Renault Accident Support Line this morning to be told:
The Company on the lorry passed them onto a contact who owns the lorry > the person who owns the lorry passed them onto his boss > they are having difficulty reaching the boss > called the person back who gave them the boss number only to be told the boss sometimes works out of a quary? which is why his number is unavailable sometimes?

Sounds fishy to me but lets see how long RASL chase this. Glad im not the one doing this i would have been loosing it by now.

Mk3 Megane 250
Even if they acept liability, your premium will still be effected, its utter ppish but thats how it works, as when you apply for new insurance it asks if you have been in an accident within the last 5 years regardless of fault, of which you have to choose from a selection and pushes premium up.

My 197 was recently hit up the arse by a hit & run driver, so no details - have had my renewal through which was only £70 more than last year and ive only lost 2 years NCB, which isnt to bad.

But unlucky you got hit man, fingers crossed it gets sorted!

Nissan 350z
Looking for some advice here from the CS masses.

Its been a week since the accident and essentially nothing has moved. Renault are saying the lorry is coming up as being uninsured but they think this is down to it being a fleet vehicle or something similar so doesnt show up on their usual database. The contact they have been given by Swanshaws Ltd (company on lorry) isnt returning their calls, he says call after 5:30 when hes not at work and when they do he doesnt answer. So i tried calling the police and explained the 3rd party are refusing to provide me with insurance details (name of insurer is all i need) but they didnt want to know as they said its not a police matter unless they fail to stop at the scene of the accident.

All in all, it stinks from my perspective.

Any advice on what i can do next, should i call up and bluff that he failed to stop at the scene so i can at least get his name of insurer to progress this? FML! :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's really not a good idea! Why not visit the company if they are close enough. Don't tell the receptionist why you're there or anything.

Get advice from your own insurance company although they will then know you've been in an accident and your policy will increase.

340i
I would visit the company, they are less than 10miles from you...

Request to speak with the manager, tell him you are keen to resolve this matter before it gets dragged out.

Mention it would be far easier to sort out now, rather than involving solicitors and chasing legal proceedings, I am sure this would make him re-consider.

Tell him you have all the damage and information logged with RAS and they will not give up chasing a resolution.

Make sure he has all the details, so there is no come back claiming 'he was not fully informed' etc.

Keep calm and professional, I don't think breaking his nose would help matters ;)

Wife had the same accident a few years back. Went 50/50 as the lorry driver blamed her and our insurance company weren't willing to fight it. He said she must have tried to undertake... Arsehole.

Nissan 350z
I would visit the company, they are less than 10miles from you...

Request to speak with the manager, tell him you are keen to resolve this matter before it gets dragged out.

Mention it would be far easier to sort out now, rather than involving solicitors and chasing legal proceedings, I am sure this would make him re-consider.

Tell him you have all the damage and information logged with RAS and they will not give up chasing a resolution.

Make sure he has all the details, so there is no come back claiming 'he was not fully informed' etc.

Keep calm and professional, I don't think breaking his nose would help matters ;)

But its nothing to do with Swanshaws mate, they dont own the lorry. Its like a Taxi firm and the way they dont own the Taxis that work for them. Swanshaws have given RASL their contact for the lorry, spoken to him who gave them his boss who is the person responsible for insuring the company assets which is where the issue is coming from.

I have the bosses name and address etc but just not the name of the insurer.

And no, im not inventing witnesses as someone suggested earlier lol.

Nissan 350z
Mayfield, Ashbourne. No idea if the address is an office, house or what. I have his contact number too but i doubt that would do any good because thats what RASL have not been having any luck with either.

340i
Mayfield, Ashbourne. No idea if the address is an office, house or what. I have his contact number too but i doubt that would do any good because thats what RASL have not been having any luck with either.

google street maps to check out the address?

Nissan 350z
google street maps to check out the address?

Tried it, no luck on that road (2 Slack Lane) but i assume its a house/farm. Would you recommend visiting then and essentially bypassing Renault given their lack of progression with this?

Listerine & Poledo
No, dont go taking matters into your own hands, you're likely to just make matters worse for the official channels.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd get your own insurance company involved now. Surely it can't be that difficult to find who insures the lorry (unless it isn't insured).

worth visiting him?

d35313_8.jpg

f**k him up, innit bread bin.

Last edited: