ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 cup - AO60HZM

2004 Clio 172
All,
Been a while since I’ve had a Clio looking at AO60HZM. Wondering if it’s anyone’s previous car?
The car is a factory cup with no extras so no A/C electric mirrors etc.
Does this car have a fuel computer as standard and any experience of what I can expect MPG wise at a steady 60mph on the motorway - is 40mpg a possibility?
Thanks I’m advance..

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
MPG is quite a bit worse on the mk3s compared to the mk2 sports, although I can't attest to that personally, just reading on here.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
It’s not very nice to drive in traffic, they are not very comfortable as a daily to be honest they are only fun when driven in high revs if you drive it like you care about mpg you’ll get sick of it. Mines not a cup version it can’t go near a pot hole and I literally stop when I see a speed bump and think I’ll just park here and walk the rest of the way.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I don’t know the car, but I wouldn’t be buying a cup if you’re commuting.

One with AC and cruise would suit you much better. The most mpg I’ve ever had out of mine is 38mpg, but that was a longggggg run over to Germany at 60mph.
I very much doubt you’ll see 40mpg

ACB

Clio 200
I have a basic 200 cup and use it daily, 17 miles each way on mixture of roads depending on which route I take.
35mpg is achievable if you are very very careful.
I find it a good daily car, I really enjoy driving it.
Been on long journeys in it and find it fine too.
I’d prefer to be driving the Cup than a boring diesel mile muncher.
Cup suspension is firm, but expected on a car like this.
I use PS5’s which are great in wet and fairly good in dry conditions.