ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 cup spoiler

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
hi,
have had a cup spoiler fitted to my 200 and it seems really loose it also hits the top brake light!!!!
just wanted to see if any one else has had this problem and if anyone one has a cure??????

it has been fitted by using just two bolts which come with it,

cheers

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
Yep it was dropped back to them yesterday was just wondering what other peoples has been fitted like to give me heads up when i go and pick it up!! U have not got one on ur cup ?? where abouts in hants are u ??

GTD, Lupo
Just up the road from you in Odiham. Nah i dont have one, ordering a ktec stealth spoiler tomorrow. Its a little less in your face but i think i would like the cup spoiler in the flesh.

Gorms

cup 200, Atom 300, Z
hi,
have had a cup spoiler fitted to my 200 and it seems really loose it also hits the top brake light!!!!
just wanted to see if any one else has had this problem and if anyone one has a cure??????

it has been fitted by using just two bolts which come with it,

cheers
I have one on mine and it's fine, though the aerial rubs against it when u open the tailgate

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
I have one on mine and it's fine, though the aerial rubs against it when u open the tailgate

can u tell when u open ur boot u have the main bolts in the boot lid then do u have 2 self tap screws going through the boot into the shoulder of the spoiler ????? hope that made sense lol

Clio200 EDC Lux
I fitted mine to my old 197 it should not touch the break light. iirc there should be two bolts and 2 self tapping screws holding it.

See attached an old pic of mine I found.

Attachments

• P1010091.jpg
    P1010091.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 35
  Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
Just up the road from you in Odiham. Nah i dont have one, ordering a ktec stealth spoiler tomorrow. Its a little less in your face but i think i would like the cup spoiler in the flesh.

Gorms

not sure i have seen u on the road yet !!! i work just down the road from there at crondall????!!!!

lloyd

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
I fitted mine to my old 197 it should not touch the break light. iirc there should be two bolts and 2 self tapping screws holding it.

See attached an old pic of mine I found.

cheers mate

thats much more of a gap then mine i did tell them that that is what it neede a couple of self tappers but there come back was renault didnot supply them with some and there was no pilot holes or instructions telling them to fit some !!!!!!

Clio200 EDC Lux
When I fitted mine it had a paper template for the screw holes, its deffo one hex head bolt and one self tapper per side. I did have some pictures of when I fitted it but I can't find them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds pretty poop mate, they have mounted it in the wrong position really, they need to elongate the holes and bring the spoiler away fromt he tailgate then re-tighten.

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
When I fitted mine it had a paper template for the screw holes, its deffo one hex head bolt and one self tapper per side. I did have some pictures of when I fitted it but I can't find them.

thats ok mate
thank you for all the info has really helped, has given me more firepower to get them to get it right

thanks again