ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 steering wheel

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
As above , my dad has just brought his second mk3 clio 200. In his first one the steering wheel had worn very badley and was very dirty.
On the new car however it is in mint condition and very clean,
My questions is what is the best product to use when cleaning this and is there anything it can be treated with to stop it waring.
Thanks

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The wear comes from the s**t material Renault use to cover them.

Tell him not to squeeze it too hard when it's hot. I found that accelerated the melting.

A general (diluted) all purpose/leather cleaner would do to keep it clean.

I wouldn't know what to treat it with though as I don't know how a leather conditioner would work on fake leather

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
The wear comes from the s**t material Renault use to cover them.

Tell him not to squeeze it too hard when it's hot. I found that accelerated the melting.

A general (diluted) all purpose/leather cleaner would do to keep it clean.

I wouldn't know what to treat it with though as I don't know how a leather conditioner would work on fake leather

Okay thanks mate,
Makes scence about not gripping it to much on a hot day, he drives it like an old man though so I don't think there's to much worry of him pulling and griping on it to much

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Okay thanks mate,
Makes scence about not gripping it to much on a hot day, he drives it like an old man though so I don't think there's to much worry of him pulling and griping on it to much

I noticed it on my commute when I was just pootling along, i had the blowers on hot on my hands and it was starting to sag from driving with one hand.

So he doesn't need to be going full hero to have it happen.

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
I noticed it on my commute when I was just pootling along, i had the blowers on hot on my hands and it was starting to sag from driving with one hand.

So he doesn't need to be going full hero to have it happen.

Fair enough mate, I din't think of the heater vents to be honest more from sitting in the sun on a hot day .