ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2000 clio sport 1.4 8v performance

Mk2 1.4 s
Hey all,

I am new to this forum and have a few questions.

My clio is a pertol 1.4 8v 2000 sport it sounds like a diesel. It makes a ticking noise ? is this a problem?

And im trying to get a little more power from it I have added a big KnN filter and ecotec valve it had a stupid big backbox but done nothing for it so i took it of in favour for the standard one.

All tips and advice would be greatly appricated

Kind Regards

Jonny;)

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
Dont bother trying to get power from a 1.4 8v, i tried with my 1.2 16v, nothing happens, only thing you can do is an engine change, you wont feel a difference any other way, my plan is to save up, become 21 and buy a cliosport :)

As for the ticking noise, not too sure, maybe you have lost a cylinder along the way, if not fun your engine and lube up all moving parts with wd40 :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My sis has one and it's never going to be a quick car so I personally wouldn't bother, maybe make it look and sound nice.

IMO they handle better than a standard 1.4 clio so just enjoy it for what it is and work your way up

renaultsport clio197
As said, your p1ssing into the wind trying to get more (noticable) power out of that engine, it would be more cost affective to do an engine swap or upgrade the car, as for the ticking noise if its got fuel injection it could be the injectors opening/closing.

Ive got the same car and it sounds rattly on tickover, also Ecotek does nothing coz the ecu counter acts everything it does. But its a nice comfy car, iv had it for 3 years and its been great so you should have fun

Clio 172 Replica Ph2
IMO, leave the engine mods, power wont get you anywhere, buy some chunky 172 or 182 wheels there wide :) lower it and take advantage of its cornering ability :)