ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 Clio 1.2 rn Le Sport, is this a special edition?

Clio 1.2 RN Le Sport
I have owned my clio since may, and no one I know has the same. Its marked as a Clio 1.2 RN and has an engine of one but has "le sport" stickers on the two rear panels and boot lid above the clio lettering. I'm just new on this so any help would be much appreciated, thanks. It is the clio released just before the face lift model has stella 14inch alloys and double optic light.

Jap Box
I have owned my clio since may, and no one I know has the same. Its marked as a Clio 1.2 RN and has an engine of one but has "le sport" stickers on the two rear panels and boot lid above the clio lettering. I'm just new on this so any help would be much appreciated, thanks. It is the clio released just before the face lift model has stella 14inch alloys and double optic light.

They are just stickers that someone has added on to take "le piss"

It basically sounds like you have a regualar clio with the stella alloys added along with dual optic lights.

Or is yours a 16v? If so then you might have the Clio sport 1.2, its basically the same but has them alloys, lights, fog lights and also newer seats however if you say its down as an RN model then most likely the alloys and lights have been added on afterwards.

Clio 1.2 RN Le Sport
I was thinking that but I've seen more of them on 5 doors than 3 doors and when i googled "Clio le sport" the all come up with the same look as my car with the stella 14inch alloys and double optics . Theres nothing special about the interior just a 6 disk changer in the boot which has a french handbook. But think that would be aftermarket. I know the car is not a sport or 16v just buy driving it and bought it of gumtree, just wondered was it some sort of special edition before the new 2001 model came out? There seems to be mixed opinions of stickers and it being actually manufactured.

Jap Box
I was thinking that but I've seen more of them on 5 doors than 3 doors and when i googled "Clio le sport" the all come up with the same look as my car with the stella 14inch alloys and double optics . Theres nothing special about the interior just a 6 disk changer in the boot which has a french handbook. But think that would be aftermarket. I know the car is not a sport or 16v just buy driving it and bought it of gumtree, just wondered was it some sort of special edition before the new 2001 model came out? There seems to be mixed opinions of stickers and it being actually manufactured.

The Clio "sport" model did come with those alloys and lights. Never heared of the "le sport" version though.

The MTV is similar as that also came with the different lights.

Are the seats similar to this(ignore the dashboard):

renault_clio_2005_05_dynamique_93795363157155921.jpg

Or this:

renault-clio-hatchback-1-2-rn-5dr-1736528227-640x480.jpg

Clio 1.2 RN Le Sport
This must happen on a large scale, looking through google there is a lot of these "le sport" branded cars all with the same characteristics. All the people selling them are calling them special editions, plus they are from all around the country. I didn't think much of mine 57k on the clock and got it for £1,100, just needed to fix the window regulator. Other people have said they could be imports, mines has french handbooks so could that explain it?

Clio 1.2 RN Le Sport
Definitely the bottom one, same dash board and all apart from mine having electric windows and a standard cassette player,but is linked to a 6 disk multi changer in the boot. The seating design is abit different just due to a different model probably. There is also a controller on the steering column that works the casstte as well as the cd changer and the door does not have a pop up and down locking system looks similar to the top picture but with handle and window operator similar to the bottom one.

Sorry for confusing you ill try upload pictures

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 RN Le Sport
img0504sy.jpg

img0504sy.jpg
By jnny10 at 2011-09-02[/IMG]
img0505pg.jpg
img0470sk.jpg
img0474yx.jpg

Heres a few pics, ive lowered it and put new alloys on but other than that its standard. plus the "le sport" stickers and the multichanger in the boot which is securely fixed and wire up the the cassette player.

Thanks for any help recieved

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Seen these before. Isn't it from the retro 'vive le sport' slogan?

Odd put it on the mk2 non sport clio as it seems it first appeared on the 5gtt rally cars.

vivelesport.jpg

vivelesportd.jpg

vivelesportb.jpg

vivelesporta.jpg

vivelesportc.jpg

them stickers are for the "special edition"
the normal 1.2,1149cc clios are 60bhp
the "le sport" model was 75bhp and they had extras, fogs,better headlamps etc

Clio 1.2 RN Le Sport
So i have got a special edition or is it a case of some doing a wee sticker job..people who have got into the car have said it seems more nippy than there 1.2?? Thanks for all the in put as the "le sport" mystery has went on too long lol

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Those photos make me miss my old GT Turbo. Good times (when it was working).

Clio 1.2 RN Le Sport
So it is a late special edition rn le sport? Could take an engine pic it that would help?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Cars from England/Scotland/Wales were not available in RN trim at that age, they'd moved onto naming them. Like Alize or Etolie.

Jap Box
Looks like the newer 8v engines :S

It does sound very much like the "sport" model 1.2 though extrior wise, but with RN interior trim. Renault is a right pain with all the different trim levels and slight exterior differences.

Clio 1.2 RN Le Sport
Thats what i wa thinking..cars a car was wondering what the le sport was for but now i know it has a better specifications but not engine, im just selling it as a 1.2 rn sepcial
Edition le sport..wanting a diesel now lol..doing big miles to university.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Thats what i wa thinking..cars a car was wondering what the le sport was for but now i know it has a better specifications but not engine, im just selling it as a 1.2 rn sepcial

just buy a ph1 172, good mpg and loads of fun, not a boring diesel!

Jap Box

1.2 is pretty economical really even compared to a diesel, unless ofcourse you slam it up to the redline before every gear change and then it just pisses the fuel everywhere :rasp: got my MPG down to 15odd last night but on good days its at about 35 with town driving :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
1.2 is pretty economical really even compared to a diesel, unless ofcourse you slam it up to the redline before every gear change and then it just pisses the fuel everywhere :rasp: got my MPG down to 15odd last night but on good days its at about 35 with town driving :)

lol drive my big lard ass dci106 hard around town and it will do 45mpg! take it easy it will do 55!