ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 Clio Struggling To Start

I have a clio 1.2 51plate. Over last few months the first start of the day is a pain to start. It has been serviced and problem still there. There is nothing wrong with battery (new) Starter motor fine also. I have also cleaned the crank sensor.

Basic
First thing in the morning turn my key to battery light all lights go out along with central red light in dash. Try to start it and it just keeps turning over misisng that final kick in. It takes approximatly one minute of leaving it turning over before it will start. Need to have accelartor full to floor and clutch also pressed. As mentioned this problem was there before it was serviced.

Help please it is doing my head in and am determind to fix it myself. Problem is I can only attempt things once or twice a day as once it starts its normally ok for the day.

I have read that you can reset the ecu and then need to drive it for an hour is this correct? can it be done if so how?

Cheers

Audi A5
I personal would try a new tdc sensor and connector, cleaning it won't stop the fault from happening again.