ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 Mk2 1.2 16v Petrol - turns over, won’t start. What do I check?

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
This car sat fir about 5 years without being started.

I fitted a fresh battery, it started in about 8 seconds.

I drove it about 1/2 a mile and put it back in the garage. I noted that fuel gauge showed very empty. Zero needle movement.

A few days later someone else attempted to start it. It turned over but would not start.

I added about 3L of petrol today. Attempted to start it multiple times, including with jump leads as the battery got low. Turnover time was about 3 min in total.

I assume that should have been plenty to get fuel up to the injectors.

I have zero experience with fault diagnosis on Renault Cards.

If this was a 40 year old car with a carburettor and points I would be able to quickly diagnose the issue.

I believe the attached diagram is correct for a 2001 Clio, but I have no idea where to find the various components

Please suggest what I need to check to eliminate some issues and find the problem. If possible link to photos or a video so I know where to find the items to check.

Attachments

• IMG_3279.jpeg
    IMG_3279.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 35