ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 clio 172 rough idle/stall

Clio Sport 172 PH2
I have searched the forum and other forums and still cant solve my problem. The car when cold starts and idles, idles rough (hunting with a slight misfire) but idles. When the engine is warm it sometimes idles but still rough and sometimes just stalls then wont start. When driving its fine no missing or hunting and the rev range goes all the way up fine. Parts i have changed so far.

Coil Pack
HT leads
Crank shaft sensor
throttle body.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Bump..

I have now changed the spark plugs for the ngk laser platinums and all still is the same. Have also put the car on a diag and no faults showed up.
Any help will be great.

Thanks.

Checked your breather pipe? No holes in itAlso could be as simple as the throttle body butterfly wants adjusting with heat metal expands and all that yadda so it's possible when it's up to temp the butterfly moved to a different position Try cat cleaner a dirty cat can cause misfire type symptoms also take the ht leads off the plugs one by one and see if it affects how the engine runs be careful not to get a zap may be a weak spark on one of the cylinders?Nick

Clio Sport 172 PH2
breather pipes are fine. Their new sparks leads and coil pack. will try the throttle out of the misses clio see if it makes a difference.

Also would a slight blow on the exhaust cause a problem like this? im unsure where to on the exhaust its blowing.

Thanks

172 cup
I know its no help, but im having the same issue. A bit lumpy on idle when cold, once hot it runs lovely. Did you manage to find what the problem was?

Im going to give the throttle body a clean and check the butterfly tomorrow night. Ive had new plugs fitted and new oxygen sensor.