ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 clio, auto climate control on Auto, cant turn air con OFF

looked in manual but no joy

i am used to having it on Auto, setting to 22 and sitting back

today i notice the a.c light on too? went to turn it off and it turns off Auto button light too...

turn Auto back on and on comes the air con light..I DONT WANT AC ON! :D

??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Did you leave it on for a few mins ? My a/c comes on in auto at the beginning until it drops to the desired temp then turns itself off , in your case 22 .

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah but the climate control keeps the car interior at a constant temp like Jackson172 was saying 22 degrees .

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
In Auto it puts the Aircon on if it thinks needs it, by pressing anything other than fan speed or temp up or down, will turn it out of Auto mode.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
The reason why the AC is on is it been used to dehumidify the car, my old clio had this and it worked a treat. If you really dont want it on you have to revert back to standard mode.

RS Clio 182
Can anyone back this up? My clio used to allow me to set to auto and the air con would not come on unless I pressed it. Now it always comes on in auto mode. Anyone?

Ford Fiesta
auto on my 182 is axactly that, it will use air con or not depending on if it needs to to get it to your preferred temp..

106 GTi
12ORY said:
Can anyone back this up? My clio used to allow me to set to auto and the air con would not come on unless I pressed it. Now it always comes on in auto mode. Anyone?

Thats what it should do, in Auto mode, the AC should cut in and out as needed. On days like today in Auto mode the Aircon will be on most of the time.