ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 clio badge on bootlid - stuck on?

quick question, is the rear Clio badge stuck on, or like a Saxo does it have stupid pins going thru the metal work?

had a look at the top half of the badge can be pulled away easy - its something on the botton which holds it on!

thanks

id laugh if you pulledit off to debadge it and found it had alignment pins though the bodywork..

like people with saxos find out - they should got a real car and got the peugeot 106. lol

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
matt the cat said:
the 'renault' and 'clio' badges on the rear have pins my friend

renault badge doesnt. Keeping in mind if its got a renault badge, then its a RenaultSport - which are just stuck on, as they use the same tailgate as the dynamique's etc which dont have Renault badges.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
I remember my mates fiesta front end, when he debadged that - he simply bonded a coin onto the back and filled the hole with cataloy - everyone else on fiestaturbo seemed to be using coins too, lol.

Personally I dont mind the clio badge! Its the renault badge that annoys me on my car - I could deal with it if it said sport underneath it.

Chocolate Bar™
seeing as someone kindly bumped into my car im going to be getting the badge removed and welded up - thats the clio badge, and thats definetely got 2 holes in the bodywork.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Middo said:
seeing as someone kindly bumped into my car im going to be getting the badge removed and welded up - thats the clio badge, and thats definetely got 2 holes in the bodywork.

welded?

I just smoothed my full tailgate and the only part I needed to weld was where the reg plate used to be, plated to bring the recess up so less likely for bodge to crack. To fill in the small holes where the badges used to be use the 'mesh technique'

open up the boot and remove the plastic inside, once inside stick some mesh behind the holes (From the back) Key (sand) the area mix up your bodge and fill in the holes. sand it down, prime it, spray it (halfrauds do a colour match) then laquer it, really easy peasy.