ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Corsa 1.2 Easytronic

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
have you been driving with the bonnet up,maybe the knocking is someone under the wheel arch :smile:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sold and going tomo afternoon to the chap who 'actually' viewed it and not the winner who was clearly a tit

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thought as much. What you buying me nice with the cash?

Just took mine out for a blast to the shop.
Was trying to figure out what the clunking is. It definatley something to do with the steering. If I full lock left to right I can get it to do it at the furthest point of each turn. Especially when stationary but it will do it at low speed turns as well. Revs go all over the place aswell on full lock but all cars do that, right?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
All cars dont rev on there own mate on full lock. Im trying to remember an old thread with the reving you mention.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought it was normal as its using a lot of power to move the hydraulic pump at full lock, hence the revs being added to compensate the power?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Mine dont mate, well not that ive noticed. And if it does it would be minimal,

lee do a search on knocking on full lock

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dno then. Cant be arsed with it anymore. Am just going to take it to be done and that's it. No point me keep guessing at it. Piece of s**t car.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  RB Clio 182
Thought as much. What you buying me nice with the cash?

Just took mine out for a blast to the shop.
Was trying to figure out what the clunking is. It definatley something to do with the steering. If I full lock left to right I can get it to do it at the furthest point of each turn. Especially when stationary but it will do it at low speed turns as well. Revs go all over the place aswell on full lock but all cars do that, right?

Mine does this mate, I think its the steering rack.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
could be something small lee hopefully,cv boot,ball joint etc i hope its not the rack

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ye, dont think its driveshaft, would be a constant clunk if it was I reckon.
Will leave it up to the mechanics anyway. Bored of thinking about it lol

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
i would not stress until garage have seen it Lee,you gonn wind yourself up and lose interest in the car.Im sure itll be ok