ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Gear Surround Problem!

Clio Dyn.1.2 16v
Whilst driving today and changing gear, I found that the gear gaitor came away from the lower interior panels.

It has appeared to detach fully from the centre console, with the plastic shape still attached to the leather gaitor. After having a closer look the plastic clips that hold the lower side in have snapped, and therefore it wont stay anymore!!!

Any suggestions or ideas on where I can get a new gaitor setup or part from?

I've had a look around the web and can't find anything, so maybe thinking a proper aluminium gear surround from Richbrook or Conrero is the only alternative...

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Cheers

Andy

Clio Dyn.1.2 16v
Presume that is direct from Renault?

think there is a local garage I can probably pop in and get something, thanks for the advice.

Andy

Presume that is direct from Renault?

think there is a local garage I can probably pop in and get something, thanks for the advice.

Andy

Yep I had a part number somwhere but I've gone and los it now.

Dead easy to fit though just do it properly and you'll have no problem agains.

Clio Dyn.1.2 16v
Cool, if anyone has the part number it might prove helpful when I get to a Renault garage, if not will just have to show them whats busted.

For the £10, is that leather gaitor and the lower plastic surround or just the plastic part? It looks like the leather is stapled to the plastic on the lower section, this might prove bit of hassle when refitting.

Andy

Cool, if anyone has the part number it might prove helpful when I get to a Renault garage, if not will just have to show them whats busted.

For the £10, is that leather gaitor and the lower plastic surround or just the plastic part? It looks like the leather is stapled to the plastic on the lower section, this might prove bit of hassle when refitting.

Andy

Its the whole part the plastic cover the plastci cup to fit round the lower pash a a zip tie to tie it round the top of the gear know (you have to cut it when its on)

Renault will have the part number there only 2 the leather one for the 172/182's and the normal one. You could spent the extra on the leather one £25 I think.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah the gear gaitors are £3.80 from reno and are usually in stock

Easy to fit, just cut the cable-tie at the top and refit, the new one.
Tighten the cable-tie on the new gaitor and press firmly into the surround.