ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v won't start

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
Hi there new to this forum looking for a bit of help about my clio.

Last night i went out to go home after work went to start my car but nothing not even cranking at all lights come on but nobody's home lol.

So got into work this morning went to start it and it worked switched it off to try it again but nothing again.

At the weekend i stripped the inlet manifold off to clean the throttle body as was having faults with it running like crap and poor idling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
sounds like the immobiliser has a problem. Do any lights stay on the dash when it won't turn over?

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
does it click when you turn the key? have you tried to jump start it?

It doesn't click when you turn it over no not tried jumping it are these cars notorious for been like this?? Its also been running like crap with it hesitating on acceleration poor mpg also.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Try and give it a jump start as the battery be kaput. That would be my first point of call
No they aren't at all. Maybe the lambda is gone although I've never had a 1.2 so can't comment particularly on matters specific to your engine size.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
Try and give it a jump start as the battery be kaput. That would be my first point of call
No they aren't at all. Maybe the lambda is gone although I've never had a 1.2 so can't comment particularly on matters specific to your engine size.
Had the breakdown just in the boy hit the starter with a hammer and it started straight away so think that's the fault there. Its running really rich at the moment so think the lambda has gone.