ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200rs exhaust upgrade!

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
I’m sure it’s been discussed before, however I’m after a performance/sound exhaust upgrade in the new year. Think I’m going down the KTR manifold-decat-cat back route, however had a decated Milltek exhaust on my old Clio 182 which was good and is the Akrapovic system worth it? Will be doing track days so need to keep under 99db.
Any first hand experienced reviews are appreciated.
Thanks.

Clio 182
I had a miltek resonated system with the miltek cat on my old 200, it also had an aftermarket manifold.
Sounded nice and was well under the noise limit at Cadwell.
The official dB I can’t remeber but it was very quiet.

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
A friend had the akrapovic system on his Clio 200 track car and it sounded epic! Even better than my PMS system on my Clio 182.

He attended Thruxton which is only a 90 DB limit, the cat was fitted.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve not got huge experience with the 200s but I’d definitely recommend the Akra, having followed a 200 with one on the way to CSS one year. They sound fooking epic!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Got the akra exhaust here too, if I'm honest its a bit quiet for my liking. The sound is amazing and pops occasionally on gear changes but just needs to be a bit louder. The carbon tips are gorgeous and the build quality is great too. I've not driven any other 200s so can't compare it to anything else unfortunately.

Edit -- I've still got my cat I think which may be why it's quiet.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
When I had my 200 it had a Akra cat back (cat still in) and a Toyosport manifold. As above, before the manifold it was a bit quiet and afterwards it was loud enough and sounded fantastic. I wanted to get some videos before I sold it but it went too quickly

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Thanks to you lot this finally arrived ?

Attachments

• 6BB59627-6C96-43BA-A24C-D2516A76A4BF.jpeg
    6BB59627-6C96-43BA-A24C-D2516A76A4BF.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 165
  Clio 197,with megan'
My Meglio has an acre,and quiet enough on long journeys, and always passes noise test at track days, and also seems very good quality.

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
The akra is one of my favourite bits on my 197.

A decat might have to happen though, just cos.

I’ve got the evolution system so it removes the main cat and leaves the pre-cat on the manifold. Anyone had a EML or had an MOT failure with this system?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I’ve got the evolution system so it removes the main cat and leaves the pre-cat on the manifold. Anyone had a EML or had an MOT failure with this system?

That’s the one I’ve just fitted mate. No EML lights and I’ve just driven back to a Essex from Blyton.

Not sure about MOT yet. ?

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
EML has come on with Check Emissions warning. To good to be true ?.
Have a code reader for my old 182 that was de-catted and could delete the warning for about 500miles. Does this work with the MK3’s?