ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200t Pagid pads and hazard lights

Rs200t lux
icon1.png
200t hazards and Pagid pads

Hi
just had new discs and Pagid pads fitted to the 200t
i have gently bedded them in for a few miles
what I have now noticed is that the are awesome and that the hazard lights flash when I brake heavy
i know other cars have this feature but my 200t has never done this before
it's not In The manual but have other 200t owners noticed this

Track 172 Cup
I thought it was the brake lights that supposed too flash when braking hard (think it's a euro spec thing) seen some 4.0 V8 M3's on track that have it on and think my dad used his VagCom to code it on his R8.

Rs200t lux
I thought it was the brake lights that supposed too flash when braking hard (think it's a euro spec thing) seen some 4.0 V8 M3's on track that have it on and think my dad used his VagCom to code it on his R8.

Seen the brake light flashy thing on a bmw i8 when on track at Knockhill last week
The young lad thought he was flashing them to tell us to move back from his rear bumper
But it definitely hazards on my car
It's never done it before and I've certainly had the car on its nose a few times since I got it

Track 172 Cup
Strange could the hazard switch be playing up I know in my 172 cup it's a little finicky and will come on if I wiggle it ever so slightly, maybe when you brake hard enough the contacts in the switch are touching slightly. A new switch is pretty cheap if you know any one with same car borrow it and test it out, Could be something silly like that owning a Renault you have too expect the strangest things sometimes haha.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I think it varies by manufacturer. On Volvo's both the hazard and brake lights flash.

Why have you been braking hard enough to activate the system though? Not something you should need to do on a regular basis!

Clio 200 EDC LUX
Where did you get your pads and discs from Shocker?

Good on the road and track?

I was looking at K-tec black grooved discs and either EBC Yellow stuff or Ferodo DS2500 or the Brembo HC discs possibly the braided lines too....

Rs200t lux
Where did you get your pads and discs from Shocker?

Good on the road and track?

I was looking at K-tec black grooved discs and either EBC Yellow stuff or Ferodo DS2500 or the Brembo HC discs possibly the braided lines too....

Got them from euro car parts
I've since changed to ebc groved and yellow stuff
Went back to standard Pagid pads because yellow is pants
And don't buy the black coated discs as the costing burns away and all your bolts come loose and fall out due to them going slack as the paint burns off

mk1 Octavia VRS
so euro car parts- ebc groved and standard Pagid pads - good from cold on the road too?
I would just go with plain discs (Pagid/Brembo) - it's the pads that make most of the difference. Grooved discs are more likely to wear the pads quicker and generate more noise/dust.

Have standard Pagid pads in both my Clio and my Skoda - lots of bite from cold. On the Skoda it's easy to get the ABS to kick in in the dry. Do-able but not so easily in the Clio, but then the Clio has more grip, smaller discs and probably less servo-assistance.

Rs200t lux
Cheers so standard Pagid pads ok for track day too?
Yes I tried ebc yellow but have went back to standard pagid pads and not noticed any difference
The car still stops and flashes hazards when brake is pushed
I done over 40 hard laps at Knockhill and ripped the tread clean off the front left tyre due to heat
But never once got brake fade