ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200T VS 220 Trophy

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can buy the Audi as a 5-door, it's the S1-Sportback.
231PS engine, £25k starting price.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes.

But with heavy VAGTax
By the time you've spec'd it to be nice, prepare yourself for a £30k bill.
And residuals to boot. What it'll actually cost over 3yrs to run is the important bit imo. I'd say less than the clio once French depreciation is taken into account.

Listerine & Poledo
And residuals to boot. What it'll actually cost over 3yrs to run is the important bit imo. I'd say less than the clio once French depreciation is taken into account.
Very true.

But just as the Audi becomes a "fix that bauked quattro system under your own pennies", the Kia has another 4 years of warranty to go with.

After 7 years though, yes, they'll be becoming almost as worthless as a 197 is now.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I like the Kia, a lot of car for the money. I think the Clio 200 looks a right minger by comparison.

I looked at Golf's recently and they are very, very expensive in my experience. For a boggo GTI on PCP it was £450 a month over three years. A Skoda Octavia vRS, which is the same car, only more practical, was only £350 a month. Admittedly both of those are based on 15k miles p.a. but the difference in price is a big one.

You can lease a Golf R for about £300 a month.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You can get an M135i for £299 a month with £2k down on a 4 year PCP, thats with circa -23% off the new price.
A friend just got rid of his S3 Saloon for a Polo Gti on lease, that costs £145 a month lol. Golf R is circa £250 a month.
If you consider depreciation, my M3 would be cheaper to run than a 200T over 3 years, look at the Meganes, lolworthy residuals.
I love hot hatch Renaults, but i genuinely cant think of any reason to buy a Clio 200T.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You can get an M135i for £299 a month with £2k down on a 4 year PCP, thats with circa -23% off the new price.
A friend just got rid of his S3 Saloon for a Polo Gti on lease, that costs £145 a month lol. Golf R is circa £250 a month.
If you consider depreciation, my M3 would be cheaper to run than a 200T over 3 years, look at the Meganes, lolworthy residuals.
I love hot hatch Renaults, but i genuinely cant think of any reason to buy a Clio 200T.

Spot on. The reason I won't be buying another new one. Luckily I got mine at a really heavy discount in 2012 when I ordered. It still hurts though.

It'll be staying now though, I don't like the 250/265 enough to warrant the jump. I'll probably just spend on the 200 and pump money into it that I'll never get back.

CS life.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
[QUOTE="Goodj, post: 10994887, member: 36061"
Logic need not apply :smiley:[/QUOTE]

I liked the idea of it being "my" car and to my exact spec. Still do.

No one specs 200s properly, so it had to be done. Consider it a public service.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup

Polo GTI for £145 a month? that might be the option!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yes, yours was essentially what i was going to get, bought the 197 Cup and hated it, so glad i spent £6.5k instead of £20k lol.

Ha! Fair.

I've got a few plans knocking around for mine. None drastic, just want to gear it towards fast road a bit more.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several

23% off the new price? Where? Not that I am a huge fan of the M135i myself.

What kind of mileage would you need to do to get a Golf R for £250 a month? Most I've seen are more like £300 a month over two years. For me it's more like £350 a month because I do c.15k per year.

The Megane Cup-S is cheap to lease, can have one for not much more than £200 a month if you don't do many miles, but not a great choice if you want creature comforts.

It depends what you want at the end of the day. You can worry all you like about depreciation but, if your car is your hobby and you can afford it, then you should have the car what you want. If you can't look past the £££s, you can lease a Citroen C1 for less than £100 a month.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
  Suzuki Jimny
Ha! Fair.

I've got a few plans knocking around for mine. None drastic, just want to gear it towards fast road a bit more.

Like changing to a megane?

Reading your post makes me feel ill, was told there were no discounts at all when I bought the 200 for full retail price :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Like changing to a megane?

Reading your post makes me feel ill, was told there were no discounts at all when I bought the 200 for full retail price 😧

LOL. Nah, I love the 200 too much.

I got Renault Friends & Family. Decent discount.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Not sure on that particular link, but my mates was delivered on Monday, for a similar price, so they are available. Or where anyways.
My M135i was £285 a month!

Have you seen it? Whats it like?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I saw one last night on the way home. Looked very smart. I've not read reviews... well, EVO about them though.

Depends what you want.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Not seen it as he lives in Leamington Spa, but he says its very good. A 1/3 of the cost of the S3, but certainly not a 3rd of the car.
Said the gearbox is better, its more fun and its nice having a normal handbrake again, so he can do skids in the work carpark.

Sounds great!

Grab some pictures if you can :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not seen it as he lives in Leamington Spa, but he says its very good. A 1/3 of the cost of the S3, but certainly not a 3rd of the car.
Said the gearbox is better, its more fun and its nice having a normal handbrake again, so he can do skids in the work carpark.
There's something to be said for a normal car that gets you to work quickly, without spilling your coffee.

Having a boot big enough for 4 dead prostitutes is a bonus too.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
M135i
Golf Gti
Audi S3
All offer 5 drs and decent autoboxes (or manual if you prefer) for similar price to a Trophy.

Is the trophy that much !? WOW !! not even in the same class as the 3 cars above in any way IMO
Plus they will all be worth twice as much as a trophy when they are 3 years old lol

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is the trophy that much !? WOW !! not even in the same class as the 3 cars above in any way IMO

The Trophy is just under £22k OTR, £23K if you want LM and another £1500 or so if you want fancy seats.

Being special edition I doubt Renault will do much of a deal on them, so the prices are fairly fixed.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
The Trophy is just under £22k OTR, £23K if you want LM and another £1500 or so if you want fancy seats.

Being special edition I doubt Renault will do much of a deal on them, so the prices are fairly fixed.

I reckon they will need to do some decent deals to sell them !

Suzuki Jimny

Good discounts on carwow. I got a quote for a 200 for £17k. Should think similar discounts on a trophy too

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Good discounts on carwow. I got a quote for a 200 for £17k. Should think similar discounts on a trophy too

Just plugged some info in, best offer was £19,710 for cash (9.5% saving) or on finance £20.5K.
Thats on base spec, no options.

Flame red 200t
200t is a cracking car probably the best Renault sports I've owned yeah not to everyone's taste but its quicker than previous models cheaper to run cheaper to tax and insure and a cracking drive I got mine as an ex managers car 16.5k with 600 miles on the clock and its just turned over 40k now and don't regret trading in the 200 at all such a better car

Listerine & Poledo
200t is a cracking car probably the best Renault sports I've owned yeah not to everyone's taste but its quicker than previous models cheaper to run cheaper to tax and insure and a cracking drive I got mine as an ex managers car 16.5k with 600 miles on the clock and its just turned over 40k now and don't regret trading in the 200 at all such a better car
Faster in the real world, yes, where a good seam of torque will always be better than a rev-nutter. The 200 was never the darling, let's be honest. Well maintained (as in, stock-for-stock in comparison) 182s will at the very least hold a 197/200 on a normal road, if not leave them trailing as the same engine tries to pull an extra lump of weight along the road.
But cheaper to run? A 182 will do 40mpg on a long run and there's significantly less electrics to go full-Renault. For instance I wouldn't trust that gearbox to change a bin bag, let alone manage full-bore upshifts without running off to Madame with a fault code and several lumps of metal stuck to the inspection magnet.

Still, I'd rather have a C'eed GT ;)

Flame red 200t
Faster in the real world, yes, where a good seam of torque will always be better than a rev-nutter. The 200 was never the darling, let's be honest. Well maintained (as in, stock-for-stock in comparison) 182s will at the very least hold a 197/200 on a normal road, if not leave them trailing as the same engine tries to pull an extra lump of weight along the road.
But cheaper to run? A 182 will do 40mpg on a long run and there's significantly less electrics to go full-Renault. For instance I wouldn't trust that gearbox to change a bin bag, let alone manage full-bore upshifts without running off to Madame with a fault code and several lumps of metal stuck to the inspection magnet.

Still, I'd rather have a C'eed GT ;)

So mk2 gearboxes are reliable lol? On a run i can see 40+ no issues round town 30-35 and on track they go as well if not better than any other rs ive owned?